Pokeshipping Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokeshipping Hints!

+6
Jawmax
MiyaToriaka
lord Martiya
Katsu Koneko
Josh
Misty
10 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pokeshipping Hints! - Page 4 Empty Re: Pokeshipping Hints!

Post  Oldpokeshipper Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:27 am

A Longtime Fan of AAML wrote:

Well it might be for now but when/if Misty returns it'll be opening old wounds

I wouldn't count on it :[
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:30 am

I found one in http://gallery.pokenightmare.com/displayimage.php?album=712&pos=72 The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:37 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:
A Longtime Fan of AAML wrote:

Well it might be for now but when/if Misty returns it'll be opening old wounds

I wouldn't count on it :[

I'm not counting on it, but I don't think it's impossible, either.

Here's an idea. Say Ash stays as he is, oblivious to love, and never gets together with Misty or anybody else (After all, that would be the most consistent with his character and the fact that Pokemon is a kids' show). THEN, after the last episode, as the credits are rolling, or whatever, we get a sort of epilogue with a series of pictures that show Ash's later life. Perhaps he's with a pretty redhead and has some kids of his own.

They'd never really have to put it in the show, just show his future/adult life as the final credits are rolling. Actually, I can see that as a fairly believable outcome as he's not just going to pop the question while he's traveling around, trying to become a Master (and plus, he's like 12). Can anybody else see them doing that? Pokeshipping would be canon and they'd never even have to change the focus of the show with some uncharacteristic romance story.

It would satisfy me, at least. Y'all?
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:39 am

A Longtime Fan of AAML wrote:I found one in http://gallery.pokenightmare.com/displayimage.php?album=712&pos=72 The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon
Looking at that picture... some things really don't change between seasons! Ha ha!
They could so pull it off and make it natural/believable if they wanted. Those two were just that good together.
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:42 am

That may be but Poke USA are too stupid to reopen that door anytime soon and if they did the hate mail would be flowing through their mail system and it would be worse than when May was picked as the new girl to travel with Ash
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:45 am

lol I think the series will most likely end... end with him being solely alone xD And the best thing you'll ever see in the credits is him... battling with his pikachu or something...

and nah, I don't think Ash is like 12.. he's more like 5 or 6 years old lol 12 year olds do understand certain feelings xD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:48 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:and nah, I don't think Ash is like 12.. he's more like 5 or 6 years old lol 12 year olds do understand certain feelings xD

The first episode says he's 10 years old. Supposedly you have to be 10 years old to get a starter Pokemon from a Pokemon professor. And as for Ash, come on, it's Ash we're talking about. 5 year olds wouldn't be expected to fall in love. It's Ash's retardedness that's used as a funny character trait.
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:50 am

Of course not, but his retardness is comparable to a normal 5 year olds behavior. And that's what makes him such a moron- his ideas and his style of living as a whole is just like watching a 5-6 year old kid. The most remarkable thing is that Ash will be soon a 20 year old lol he's about 18-19 in Battle Dimention xD

EDIT: lol and I know he was 10 as of debut... Suspect
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:09 am

I know he was 10 as of debut
we all know that the weird thing is that the book that comes with each of http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/801146 those always says that he's 10 even with the new voice and everything you'd think that they'd change his age to what it is now 20-21
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:59 pm

Well, exacly. You'd expect him to be a young adult these days, yet he's still described as a 10 year old. But, there are quite a few refrences in the anime that would confirm Ash's age as 18-19. For example, in the second episode of D&P, Meowth says that "Team Rocket has been after pikachu since Dawn was a toddler" and that "a decade has passed".

It's a really tricky mish-mash of refrences, but most fans'll agree that Ash is around 20 yr
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:39 pm

Yeah it's too bad that the Poke USA Staff haven't changed it to what it really is though neither did 4Kids when they had it
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:14 pm

Yeah, they really should have. But at least their voices sound older lol Brock actually sounds like if he was in his mid 20's...

Oh, and Ash seems to be loosing his hair...

Pokeshipping Hints! - Page 4 Saasd10

In the very first eppies his hairs looked ok, there was no sign of... hair loss. But when he takes his hat off nowadays, it looks ridicilous... xD That's the thing I noticed
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:05 pm

haven't been on for a few days so i'm gonna go back and adress a previous issue...or issueS actually since it seems to have become prominent across the boards - you say doom and gloom sir, i say; ill news is an ill guest and should be kept outside the doors of this house until such times as we may encounter too many optimists at the table - now...that was obscure...so i'll elaborate.

oooh pokeshipping is dead, pokeshipping is over, pokeshipping is powerless, pokeshipping will never happen, pokeshipping is a 'ghost ship' i'm sorry, i'm a usually the bringer of bad news, i'll point out inadequacies and problems wherever i see them - i'm renowned for it, but i think that's going a bit far. Pokeshipping is a ghost ship...hmm...funny, not seen any evidence of that, it still has a large fanbase - people still believe therefore it's not at all a ghost ship. And really people i mean, look, it's never been likely to happen in a kids anime show has it. they can hint at it if they ant, but in all honesty the odds have always been against any kind of romance. But Pokeshipping has been proved - look at any fanfiction, look at all the fanart, and you will see Pokeshipping in it's reality, as you will with any other ship you care to look for. the proof and ends to a pokemon ship have never rested with the Pokemon anime. they reside within the minds of the artists, writers and any fan capable of creative thought - that is where the telos lies. the show has never in my mind been anything more than a means, at most. so long as people continue to produce pictures and fanart Pokeshipping will remain proved in the minds of Pokeshippers, and the only reason the term 'proof' for this is rarely if ever used is because there are people like advanceshippers who do the same thing about their ship. if there was no conflict we'd be perfectly happy writing out fanfictions and drawing our pictures, whilst they did the same, and each would hold their own ship to be the one and only, proving it in their own little way each time. it is only because competition emerged with the (stupid) replacements and shifts in cast/characters of the show that competition has arisen. look past it though, look past this 'shipping war' and the supposed 'power struggle' between shippers - so long as there is belief there is the means and the end. look at the bible, at the Qua'ran (spelling?) at religion in general and you see the same thing. within the faith the existence of their God is indesputable, but only when conflict emerges with people of different faiths does the element of doubt come in, is there any suggestion of doubt...and even then within their respective faiths the ideals remain indisputable.

so please, let's not prophesise doom and destruction - the fact that i'm here saying this now is proof that all this negativity, whilst having some basis, far oversteps the mark of reality, and would be best kept in check

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:58 pm

I'd conclude to what you wrote as "Make of it what you want" type of case.

Some ships in the anime did come true, so it's not always like that- 'it will never happen anyway'. Not by a long shot. In one of the episodes one of the characters we knew earlier on- married. It was in Master Quest I think, although I can't exacly remember which episode was it. And then we saw characters confessing hundrets of times. Of course all of them, secondary and 3rd plan characters-but still. Digimon for example, are a pure example of a 'kids show' and guess what, the main character ended up confessing to an another- secondary character. Yup, Thai, as he's called is Ash's clone. I guess the makers just decided to rip-off the entire pokemon series, even Thai's age (10) and his mode of thinking was the same as Ash's. And who the hell would have though that in the 5th season of the Digimon saga, he'd say 'I love you' and confess to an another character.

Moreover, in the 11(?) Digimon movie, he's seen with his son.

And what you make of that? Going back a few years fans and thinkers alike were saying exacly the same thing as you did a sec. ago.
Kids show- were emotions would never be shown within the main cast and ships were like "religions" where the god would never show himself, hm? Never say never, I guess. And I can tell you an another thing why in this very moment, half of the fanbase is still supporting pokeshipping.
It's because the anime is still running. There is still hope that, maybe, maybe Ash would get together with Misty.
But believe me, once pokemon is taken down, most of those fans will move onto other anime shows. Of course that doesn't apply to the most zealous followers like you and me, but even I'm doubting you will keep your AaML spirit up for the decades to come. For us, it's more than a show, yes, but we'll never live forever. And pokeshipping MARK MY WORDS- will be eventually dead, nonexistent. It is a ghost ship now, and don't be suprised when your kids show ends up with the main character having an off-spring. Only a natural thing.

We are Zealous aren't we?
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:38 am

how exactly is it a ghost ship? when you yourself said in the same paragraph that over half the fanbase still supported it?

i'm not saying it'll NEVER happen, but whether it does or does not the base points remain the same. Pokeshipping doesn't rely on the realisiation of its goals, in the same way as a religion doesn't rely on the realisation of its goals. you can believe it's going to happen, and accept that others believe differently. i agree with you, that when the anime end pokehsipping will eventually end with it - but then so will all shippings. they will die as the popularity of the show dies and it fades into memory, and even if one is proven right it too will fade and die with the rest. it's inevitable, all things come to pass. very well yes, again, i agree with you that there is a CHANCE that the show may end up with this credit rolling, later-life-showing scenario, and providing the later life aspects cover those that i wish to see i'll be happy with it, but i'm not convinced that it is the most likely ending...50/50 at the most.

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:51 pm

eh, half the fanbase doesn't mean a lot of people have support it- it might mean 4 out of 8 people follow it lol But in this case, of course, much more...

besides of that, point made yes. All ships will eventually become dead, but I'm just imposing the idea that AaML will be... ermm, forgotten long before anime ends... but of course, again, most zealous individuals will remain.
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:56 am

well, if you say so, i don't agree but there we go. spose it depends how long the anime is going to continue - if it ends tomorrow (c'mon please.....no) then it's all finished. if it continues for hundreds of years to come then yes it will be forgotten, as will all the rest, but so long as people keep believing in it then there's no reason for it to die.

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  Misty Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:58 am

AaMLdudez wrote:well, if you say so, i don't agree but there we go. spose it depends how long the anime is going to continue - if it ends tomorrow (c'mon please.....no) then it's all finished. if it continues for hundreds of years to come then yes it will be forgotten, as will all the rest, but so long as people keep believing in it then there's no reason for it to die.

I completely agree with you! Very Happy as long as we do our part in supporting and believing <33
Misty
Misty
Admin

https://aaml.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:19 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:All ships will eventually become dead, but I'm just imposing the idea that AaML will be... ermm, forgotten long before anime ends... but of course, again, most zealous individuals will remain.

I don't know about that. I've heard a number of sources say that of all fictional TV fandoms, Pokemon's shipping war is generally considered the most intense. And, of the orginal Pokemon "Original Series" fandom (many of which still watch the show for nostalgic reasons), probably some half do or did have a vested interest in Pokeshipping.

I wish I could find that website... it was about screenwriting and TV show tropes. Anyway, it was a neutral, non-Pokemon-related site, and it concluded that Pokeshipping was the largest and most popular shipping ever in TV history (beginning with the X-files, from whose fandom the word "shipping" originated). That's a pretty hard ship to forget.

Honestly, I think that as long as the show goes on, MANY fans will at least hold out, even if they stopped watching the show, just to find out if Misty and Ash ever do get together. At the very least, it won't be forgotten while the show is still running.
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:10 pm

Time will show, fellow members... time will show. If we keep this up, you can be sure that at least a century will pass before AaML is... terminally forgotten. So, maybe I should rephrase my conclusion then- AaML will exist as long as we exist. lol I wonder when the anime will end though...

"Always look on the bright side of liiiifeee..."
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:10 am

100 years? you sure cause not many people live that long those that have are blessed with longer time on earth than the rest
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:47 pm

Nah, they're just genetically superior to other humans, thus they're able to live into their 100's. Supercentenarians, as they're called, have more DNA strands per cell than a normal human would, and that is the reason why they live so long. There are no blessings or misteries, just simple science. Nowadays, scientist can make a normal rat live 400% longer- same applies to humans, though it's unfotunatelly forbidden by the law as of now.
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:20 am

naa i'd hate to live longer than the rest. there's about...i'd say 5 people that are essential in order for my life to work at all. there's mum n dad of course, doing the family thing (i.e causing problems for me to dodge around) they're kind of vital to it but in the long run - there's the girl (who is the most brilliant friend) but who i'll never get or w/e so i can get close then rebound right off, then there's the couple of good friends who'll be there and push me forards again...and then we have a cycle. any one of those disappears, depending on who it is, it'll make things difficult or impossible. i'd hate to live longer than the rest because i don't think i could live without those people, i wouldn't want to. that's just from my experience anyway, then obviously you get the whole problem of over-population, incrasing dependance on the young to provide for the increasing number of elderly people, an ageing population blah blah and then the hole ethical side of stuff as well, like what right do we have to play God? etc. etc. anyways...maybe that's kind of off-topic but i felt like a ramble

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:33 am

lol If we're breaking it down to who is essential for survival and who is not, then I got to say that I wouldn't be able to live without just one person- that being me xD lol but of course that was just a silly sarcasm, and when it comes to that then I guess, I'd go insane ( If I'm not insane already ) without 4 people. Parents, a lifelong partner (sort of) and a friend. Without those people......

Well, I'd just lock up in my room, and start talking with my imagination. xD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:44 am

Isn't it time we got back on the AAML train?
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next