Pokeshipping Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question and answer

+2
AaMLdudez
lord Martiya
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Question and answer Empty Question and answer

Post  MistyG Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:23 pm

Heyy =D This is 'Misty' but, on my mums laptop so i'm not logged on X3 <3

I thought I would start off a new topic, its like a game sort of thing =)
Basically;
Someone askes a Pokeshipping question, and another replies, you can ask a new question whenever you want and find out other peoples opinions on it =DD
Right, so, heres my questions..

If Ash was told by someone about how Misty felt for him, what do you think he woule react like?

MistyG

Back to top Go down

Question and answer Empty Re: Question and answer

Post  lord Martiya Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:07 am

Astonished face and then question: "What's love?".

lord Martiya

http://lordmartiya.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:58 am

well i reckon he'd probably be like

"duh what?" or sommin like that, though the romantic in me does hope that if said situation were to arise, Ash would then run all the way back to Cerulean to say

"i love you too"

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:24 pm

naaah, he'd be more like:

"Misty who? Oh, you mean that hamburger seller?" Suspect

LOL XD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Misty Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:28 am

XDD I could totally see that Razz
Or he would say something like..
"Love, isn't that that thing old people do in there spare time?" X3 <33
Okay...next question/Topic! I love you
Feel free to answer or ask more than one question at a time by the way ^__^
If Misty was to confess, how do you think she would do it?

Misty
Misty
Admin

https://aaml.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:12 pm

If she was ever to do it, which I doubt, I mean common... Guys confess first, not girls but yeah I guess... oh nwm

Blushy face and then something like this :" Ash Ketchum, I have loved you since we first met, I can't live without you. Every day we are apart, my soul suffers. I meant, I love you and I want to be with you forever."

And then Ash: "affraid " XD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  lord Martiya Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:23 pm

Probable.

lord Martiya

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:53 pm

ok, my question:

What do you think would happen if ASH CONFESSED first?
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  lord Martiya Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:28 am

The options are three:
1)the end of the Pokemon World;
2)Misty dies for whatever caused Ash to confess her (sadly, Ash probably will not admit it before Misty is about to die);
3)general fainting of the witnesses and loss of Ash's verginity.

lord Martiya

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:06 pm

yh probably one of the above.

my Q:

should Misty return to the anime again, as we all hope she will, how do we think it should be done?

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:11 pm

Ash run into a big battle which he is about to lose, Brock has also lost and Dawn's pokemon have been stolen ( talking about a battle with Team Rocket ). And then, when all hopes are lost, out of nowhere- Misty barges in with her Gyarados, Hyper Beams the whole place. Jumps down in great style, making 25 saltos in the air, making great evolutions, her Gyarados perfectly synchronised with her. And then when the entire ordeal's finished, she goes :" I missed ya'" XDDDDD

Ash/Brock/Dawn/Team Rocket:" affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid "
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Misty Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:49 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:Ash run into a big battle which he is about to lose, Brock has also lost and Dawn's pokemon have been stolen ( talking about a battle with Team Rocket ). And then, when all hopes are lost, out of nowhere- Misty barges in with her Gyarados, Hyper Beams the whole place. Jumps down in great style, making 25 saltos in the air, making great evolutions, her Gyarados perfectly synchronised with her. And then when the entire ordeal's finished, she goes :" I missed ya'" XDDDDD

Ash/Brock/Dawn/Team Rocket:" affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid "
Hahaha XDD That made me giggle like a 5 year old- the reaction from the rest of the group would be awesome Razz If only!

What do you think would happen if ASH CONFESSED first?

Well, for one, I would cry from happyness.
But, i think....well, Misty would sort of stare at him, blink a few times, and then...
Reach forwards, take hold of him, and kiss him.
She'd be crying, too.

New question? C:
If Ash and Misty got lost together in Sinnoh, what do you think would happen?

To answer my own question, I'll say..
I think they'd argue. Misty would fire up at him for GETTING them lost, and then the two of them would sit with each other. And talk about their memories, Ash would end up saying some idiotic things, but Misty would only shout back sometimes, she would laugh it off. They would talk about what they've been up to with out the other. I could see Misty telling him she's missed him, maybe she would bow her head a little. And Ash would cheer her up, telling her he had missed her too..
I could see it as a really strong friendship point for them C:
Misty
Misty
Admin

https://aaml.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:52 am

Ok, I think that if they got lost, Ash would start whining about his stomach, you know :" uhhhh I'm huuungry Misty." Or something like that. Then his Snorlax would pop out of his pokeball to start whining about the food as well. At that point Misty would be boiling hot from anger. She'd take her mallet out and then WHAM! lol and then she'd be forced to make some food anyway. Ash would be as happy as an angel, same goes for Snorlax. afterwoods, Ash would fall asleep aaaaaand that's about it :3 oh, and Misty would be sad No
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  lord Martiya Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:50 am

I think that they would find engaged in the same moment Dawn understand them. Twisted Evil
Then Dawn and TR would be Hyper Beamed or Giga Impacted by Misty's Gyarados for having made Ash and herself believe that she was about to die. Laughing

lord Martiya

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:50 pm

Alriiiight.... lol

another one:

If Misty somehow, suddenly got an urge to kiss Ash for whatever reason... how do you think she would do it? XDD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  lord Martiya Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:52 am

She would tell him "Don't move and close your eyes" (and force Ash to comply), and then would French-kiss him until they are in danger to die from suffucation.

lord Martiya

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:26 pm

Well, I saw it kinda' diffrently but your idea was indeed probable. so, my idea is that while they're traveling to get another badge, Ash is realy eager to win his battle. Right then, Misty tells him how he can increase his chance of winning his Pokemon battle! "Ash, I'm sure you'll win this one if you do the following- First, look at me, thenkissme and lastly go to your battle! What do you say?" Ash:"Uhm, you're sure my chances will increase?" Misty:" SURE!" *Ash kisses Misty*

LOOOOOL mad xDDDD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Question and answer Empty Here's a question!

Post  yadontknowme03 Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:31 am

I've got a question, but it needs some preface:

Think about the most time-honored TV story/plot tropes----the One-Sided-Crush and the Unresolved-Sexual-Tension-----which were immortalized by the TV show FRIENDS and continues even now, with all of their dramatic tension-building unresolved sexual tension in shows like Grey's Anatomy. Maybe the reason Ash and Misty's relationship hasn't been acted upon yet is because it's good writing not to! Once the chase is over, so to speak, it's often hard for writers to recapture the fun of when the characters were crushing, waiting for that glorious moment when their feelings would be revealed, the pair confronted, and the ever-awaited reciprocation/kiss/consummation that is usually saved for the last episode of the last season!

Anyway, part of what makes Pokeshipping so much fun is its One Sidedness. He's such a retard, and while that ticks us off, won't it be all the more fun when Ash finally grows up, gets interested in girls, and maybe realizes what Rudy meant by "You're a really lucky guy...You'll see someday!"[left]

... So... my question is: does anybody else think it would be a bad idea for Misty to magically pop back up in the show, declare her love, and have the longest story arc in the show (at 5 seasons + a few hints in Chronicles/films, it's shorter only than Ash's series-long desire to become a Pokemon master) come to an end? I love Pokeshipping, but I pray to God that if it's done, it's done right, at the VERY END of the show, where it belongs!

(Besides, only when on that last episode when Ash finally becomes a master will he be able to settle down with a girlfriend!)

Long question, sorry, but what do you guys think?
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:06 pm

yadontknowme03 wrote:I've got a question, but it needs some preface:

Think about the most time-honored TV story/plot tropes----the One-Sided-Crush and the Unresolved-Sexual-Tension-----which were immortalized by the TV show FRIENDS and continues even now, with all of their dramatic tension-building unresolved sexual tension in shows like Grey's Anatomy. Maybe the reason Ash and Misty's relationship hasn't been acted upon yet is because it's good writing not to! Once the chase is over, so to speak, it's often hard for writers to recapture the fun of when the characters were crushing, waiting for that glorious moment when their feelings would be revealed, the pair confronted, and the ever-awaited reciprocation/kiss/consummation that is usually saved for the last episode of the last season!

Anyway, part of what makes Pokeshipping so much fun is its One Sidedness. He's such a retard, and while that ticks us off, won't it be all the more fun when Ash finally grows up, gets interested in girls, and maybe realizes what Rudy meant by "You're a really lucky guy...You'll see someday!"[left]

... So... my question is: does anybody else think it would be a bad idea for Misty to magically pop back up in the show, declare her love, and have the longest story arc in the show (at 5 seasons + a few hints in Chronicles/films, it's shorter only than Ash's series-long desire to become a Pokemon master) come to an end? I love Pokeshipping, but I pray to God that if it's done, it's done right, at the VERY END of the show, where it belongs!

(Besides, only when on that last episode when Ash finally becomes a master will he be able to settle down with a girlfriend!)

Long question, sorry, but what do you guys think?

You're right about Pokeshipping, it has long been considered a one-sided ship, and tbh, every ship involving Ash is one-sided. ( besides of Pikashipping, which is canon, thx to the 8th movie )

I don't know about Misty appearing out of nowhere, and declaring her love to Ash, though the idea sounds delicious. But most of the fanbase nowadays would just like to see Ash burn in hell, his retardness is really breaking the all time records. Nobody knows for sure how the Pokemon anime will end, and when. But it will go on for another 2-3 seasons, most likely.
And minding the fact that Misty has got some competition- like May, Dawn or Anabel will just make the finale more interesting. And we have Tracey of course, who is verrrry evvvvvvil, and who makes sure nobody outside his ring of "trust" gets their hands on the Cerulean Gym, nor cerulean sisters.

There are three most likely ways the anime is going to end- Ash dying, and staying dead forever. Ash winning the Sinnoh tournament, and that would be the fadeout. And Ash getting together with a female- and there are lots of them. Now, I'd love to see Ash and Misty get togther in the last episode, that would be fantastic, like a dream come true. But I doubt it, I mean Misty haven't seen Ash since- what, the Battle Frontier season? That was like 3 years ago. Most vicious Advanceshippers/Pearlshippers would say " She got her bike back, so what do you expect?". Quite frankly, they're not wrong and looking at the current D&P searies it is highly unlikely that anything would change, meaning you can kiss pokeshipping goodbye, the way Palletshippers kissed their ship goodbye. And most Pearlshippers say that something weird is going to happen in D&P also, if Sinnoh turns out to be the last region. Simply, it was Ash saying goodbye to all his female companions before moving off to an another region but this time, if Sinnoh is the last- it will be Dawn saying goodbye to him, and Dawn as of now, has given us hundrets of hints that she indeed loves Ash. In fact, she has more physical contact with Ash than any other girl had ( Especially the hand grabbing thing n' high fiving, pushing Ash around, poking him... ¬_¬ ) and that is a hint stronger than most of the verbal ones. So Pearlshippers say that she won't let go of him no way. But hah, we'll see what the writers will make of it.

But hey, you never ever know, the last season will be probably filled with ciffhangers and mad turns and twists you've never seen before, so we might, just might be lucky enough to see Pokeshipping happen. Though as I said, it's more likely other ships will make it, with Pokeshipping being the least probable now.

Still- cmon Pokeshipping!!
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:19 pm

again i'm going to disagree with Oldpokeshipper there (maybe that's my purpose in life lol) and not just out of sheer bloody-mindedness.

though i've seen very little of the D&P season(s) (because they're rubbish) i've seen nothing to ratify the suggestion of a 'romantic' relationship between Ash and Dawn.
basing this on real-life situations too, your argument about her having more physical contact - ergo greater romantic potential, makes no sense. party i had once for the whole evening similar 'physical contact' between myself and another took place, culminating in my near death experience (lol) high fives, kicks, punches and pushes - the works but...well where am i now? sitting alone in my room, again, typing this - nothing happened, i doubt anything will happen. friends do it to each other, it doesn't mean anything more.

i also disagree with Oldpokeshipper on the status of pearlshipping. i see less power in the fanbase for that than i do advanceshipping, largely because the pearlshippin fanbase is made up of immature kids who are just beginning to take an interest in members of the opposite sex. now, most of their age group may not have reached that stage or, may have realised it but began expressing it outside the rather restricted scope of shippings in the Pokemon anime. i have not seen any evidence of a growing fanbase, and even if it is growing, it does not seem to me to be placing pokeshipping or advanceshipping for that matter under any strain in terms of numbers.
also, Palletshipping...c'mon that was never a major shipping anyway, sorry to any Palletshippers but...just no, there was never any chance of that happening, so that example is not fit for purpose.

i AGREE (OMG!!!) with yadontknowme03 (oh right well that's ok then) that if it is to be done, it should be done properly - the last episode of the last season. BUT i think that the last episode of the last season is long overdue, and so it is about time something like it happened.

back to normal then - i disagree with Oldpokeshipper using Anabel as an example of potential competition. she was a one-time appearance - have we seen her since? was she ever a major character? does she have any links in with previous or forecoming series? no, no, no. are we likely to see her again? well unless there's some development i'm not aware of - NO. unless i'm much mistaken both Ash AND Brock had her mistaken for a boy in the first place? not sure about Brock but Ash definitely.
i could argue against the use of May and Dawn as examples too, but since they do qualify for 'major' shippings i wont.

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:58 pm

Oldpokeshipper wrote:
You're right about Pokeshipping, it has long been considered a one-sided ship, and tbh, every ship involving Ash is one-sided. ( besides of Pikashipping, which is canon, thx to the 8th movie )

I don't know about Misty appearing out of nowhere, and declaring her love to Ash, though the idea sounds delicious. But most of the fanbase nowadays would just like to see Ash burn in hell, his retardness is really breaking the all time records. Nobody knows for sure how the Pokemon anime will end, and when. But it will go on for another 2-3 seasons, most likely.
And minding the fact that Misty has got some competition- like May, Dawn or Anabel will just make the finale more interesting. And we have Tracey of course, who is verrrry evvvvvvil, and who makes sure nobody outside his ring of "trust" gets their hands on the Cerulean Gym, nor cerulean sisters.

There are three most likely ways the anime is going to end- Ash dying, and staying dead forever. Ash winning the Sinnoh tournament, and that would be the fadeout. And Ash getting together with a female- and there are lots of them. Now, I'd love to see Ash and Misty get togther in the last episode, that would be fantastic, like a dream come true. But I doubt it, I mean Misty haven't seen Ash since- what, the Battle Frontier season? That was like 3 years ago. Most vicious Advanceshippers/Pearlshippers would say " She got her bike back, so what do you expect?". Quite frankly, they're not wrong and looking at the current D&P searies it is highly unlikely that anything would change, meaning you can kiss pokeshipping goodbye, the way Palletshippers kissed their ship goodbye. And most Pearlshippers say that something weird is going to happen in D&P also, if Sinnoh turns out to be the last region. Simply, it was Ash saying goodbye to all his female companions before moving off to an another region but this time, if Sinnoh is the last- it will be Dawn saying goodbye to him, and Dawn as of now, has given us hundrets of hints that she indeed loves Ash. In fact, she has more physical contact with Ash than any other girl had ( Especially the hand grabbing thing n' high fiving, pushing Ash around, poking him... ¬_¬ ) and that is a hint stronger than most of the verbal ones. So Pearlshippers say that she won't let go of him no way. But hah, we'll see what the writers will make of it.

But hey, you never ever know, the last season will be probably filled with ciffhangers and mad turns and twists you've never seen before, so we might, just might be lucky enough to see Pokeshipping happen. Though as I said, it's more likely other ships will make it, with Pokeshipping being the least probable now.

Still- cmon Pokeshipping!!

By the tone of that post, you sound pretty hopeless about Pokeshipping!

I know, I think I'm in the minority, but I still think it would a big mistake for Misty to just appear and declare her love. It needs to be led up to, prefaced by Misty's return to the show in some capacity, or just saved for the last episode of the whole series when he becomes a Pokemon Master.

Anyway, I don't know if those are really the ONLY 3 possibilities for the show ending. First of all, they're not going to kill off Ash. In the same show where they won't even show guns, I will stake my life on it--Ash is not going to die. What a way for the show to end, though. Ugh. And also, Ash "getting together with a female" is not one of the only exclusive endings for the show. It may accompany the ending to the show, but let's face, Pokemon is not about Ash's romantic relationships. The show will end with him becoming a master, and if he finally gets the girl, then that will just be a wrapped up bonus.

I agree with you on some stuff, though. I, too, don't see how Pokemon can keep going on like this, indefinitely. Eventually, even if the show continues, Ash's saga will have to end. There won't be a 20 year series starring the same character. It would be horrible. 2-3 more seasons, tops. (I personally think it should have ended long ago, but its not about the art of crafting a satisfying story, it's about making money.)

Also, think about this. Most people speculate that when the show started, nobody knew how long it would go on. New TV shows are risky, after all. As a result, the writers expected a couple of seasons to accompany the games, probably no more than 5. So they started a story with some planning ahead. Misty was supposed to be the romantic interest; that was the planned ship from the beginning.

But then, 5 seasons in, the show was popular, the games kept on coming, and they realized they ought to keep the show running to advertise their giant media franchise! So, the show's artistic quality was sacrificed for that media franchise. To throw in some new life, May and Dawn were thrown in for new sagas. Misty was given a shippy farewell (GCYL! Think "Well Ash Ketchum, finally, I know how you feel about me!"), and then the new characters came in.

Now, that said, you're right, Pearlshippers have plenty of reasons to be hopeful, but look at this:
May had Drew--I'd say that's canon.
Dawn has had recurring competition with Paul and Kenny.
Misty was always Ash's (so to speak). She also had the longest, most influential run of all the girls in the show. Corny though it sounds, they are the Ross and Rachel of Pokemon.

I, like you, had also given up hope, but don't forget the lure! That was a deliberate move, as most of the new fandom didn't really need or want or care about Misty-reminders because they didn't grow up with her or even know her. Maybe the writers realize that if there is going to be some end-of-show pairing, Misty still makes far and away the most sense for Ash on the big-picture analysis of the series, so they ought to keep her around.

And as for poking, prodding, and high-fiving... usually a sign of friendship, not a manifestation of urges for physical contact. I do that with members of the opposite sex all the time without actually crushing on them. And we all know that friendship, not love, is what Ash understands.

I agree with you on one more thing, though, too. The final season of Pokemon is going to be very interesting! I can't wait, and I kinda hope it would just come on already! And yes, it would be funny to have a reunion of all the major characters when Ash is competing with the Elite 4, or whatever he does to become a Master.
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:14 pm

AaMLdudez wrote:
i also disagree with Oldpokeshipper on the status of pearlshipping. i see less power in the fanbase for that than i do advanceshipping, largely because the pearlshippin fanbase is made up of immature kids who are just beginning to take an interest in members of the opposite sex. now, most of their age group may not have reached that stage or, may have realised it but began expressing it outside the rather restricted scope of shippings in the Pokemon anime. i have not seen any evidence of a growing fanbase, and even if it is growing, it does not seem to me to be placing pokeshipping or advanceshipping for that matter under any strain in terms of numbers.
also, Palletshipping...c'mon that was never a major shipping anyway, sorry to any Palletshippers but...just no, there was never any chance of that happening, so that example is not fit for purpose.

You're right, there's a problem in the differing demographics of the fan base. Except for us losers who have watched it all, most kids will simply be loyal to the ship of their generation. Pearl and Advanceshipping had only a fraction of the evidence of Pokeshipping, but they weren't fans for that part of it. The reason why Misty wins all the polls, though, is because any fan that started out with their Red/Blue version on the playground, watched the Pokemon media franchise explode, and grew up with the show from episode 1 knows: Misty was best for Ash. That's based on quantity and quality of hints. Objectively comparing these hints, I'm actually amazed that anybody can even be an Advance or Pearl shipper, and I mean that with all the respect in the world.

Oh, and you're right. Ash was never going to be gay. I'm not homophobic, but that's just not gonna happen in a kid's show.

AaMLdudez wrote:
i AGREE (OMG!!!) with yadontknowme03 (oh right well that's ok then) that if it is to be done, it should be done properly - the last episode of the last season. BUT i think that the last episode of the last season is long overdue, and so it is about time something like it happened.

I think we probably agree on a lot, then! You're right: the show has gone on too long. It has sacrificed the artistic side of its story. And if Pokeshipping is to be done right, the only way I can see it happening, and not be horrible, is if there is a large reunion of characters (all the traveling buddies, Oak, Delia, major recurring characters, etc) that sticks out the last season watching Ash compete in his final tournament and defeat the Elite Four. That way, Misty would be around during that season. Then they could lead up to it with some hints, and in that final epsiode when Ash whens and accheives his dream, the Ash and Misty loose-end is tied up, somehow!!! Very Happy

As for that final episode, the most perfect closing I can imagine is where everything and everyone is as it should be.
Ash is a Pokemon Master. Most of the others have accheived their dreams.
Ash is with Misty.
May is with Drew.
Dawn is with Kenny.
Oak is with Delia.
Jessie is with James. (j/k)

Anyway... wish I could write that last episode. I know exactly what I'd do! (And it'd be good, too!)

AaMLdudez wrote:
back to normal then - i disagree with Oldpokeshipper using Anabel as an example of potential competition. she was a one-time appearance - have we seen her since? was she ever a major character? does she have any links in with previous or forecoming series? no, no, no. are we likely to see her again? well unless there's some development i'm not aware of - NO. unless i'm much mistaken both Ash AND Brock had her mistaken for a boy in the first place? not sure about Brock but Ash definitely.
i could argue against the use of May and Dawn as examples too, but since they do qualify for 'major' shippings i wont.

Right. I liked Anabel and I liked her shipping, but I think she was a Character of the Day, as Bulbagarden likes to put it.
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:01 pm

Well, of course you're right in your own way- but, bear in mind that many pokeshippers have indeed turned to Advanceshipping and pearlshipping. Physical contact thing, you might be right, you might not be from an another point of view, I guess it all depends ( I'm addicted to the word ) on the circumstances and the people involved. And tbh, you'll be suprised just how many hints there are as to Pearlshipping nowadays- in case you haven't seen D&P or the 10th movie.

Pearlshipping is a one-sided ship, so it's like any other ship- advanceshipping or pokeshipping, the only diffrence is the order at which they appear in the anime. I have seen practicaly all the episodes, and believe me- If Misty was replaced by May in the first episodes of the anime- we'd be feeling fanaticaly about her, and we'd be sceptical about Misty or Dawn- who'd appear later on. Simply, if AG was the first generation, we'd be probably all Advanceshippers. Misty loves Ash no more than May does, and to really realise it, one has to watch AG- same goes for Dawn. It's true most of the advanceshippers are an annoying bunch of cretins, but it's not always like that. I'm open for all options, and since I recently stopped acting hastly about things- I can now notice more things in the anime. Yes, it's true most pearlshippers are 8 year olds who don't know a thing about this and that, but I have met some Pearlshippers that are a decade older than me. In D&P you can notice many strange things if you just try, and the amount of hints we're presented with is adequate to assume a romantical relationship between the main character and a secondary character now. ( Ash&Dawn) I guess seeing is believeing, since I used to say pearlshipping is nonsense and that everybody who believes in it is delusional. No more, when I started watching D&P I though I'll be dissapointed but nope, I wasn't. I was- shocked. Pearlshipping is just an another addition to the now over-crowding fandom.

Some goes for Advanceshipping, yes. If you haven't seen AG, I guess you won't really have the neutral point of view approach. And I look at everything from a neutral perspective now, meaning I don't favour one obove the other. In fact, even though I don't support advanceshipping, I personaly thing it was kind of fun to watch it. Most of the episodes were dull and boring-sure, but some others were really good. ( Like Ash's drowining scene)

Hmmm, as to Anabel, yeah, she was a one- off but then again we never know. I was just trying to give you some ideas about other ships than Pokeshipping which, well, you can't prove are nonsene. And that's exacly why I think pearlshipping-advanceshipping-pokeshipping are really alike, the only diffrence being the other characters involved. Still, if you're not convinced then tough, you should watch AG and D&P to understand.

Other thing is that many people start to argue with themselfes lol By saying that no "inappropriate" relationship is going to happen, they automaticly erase the possibility of Delia and Samuel Oak getting together, a ship they so much like. I mean, Prof Oak was in his 60s as of debut and delia was 29 ( Info from Pokeani* ). Don't freackin' tell me that in the eyes of a child that kinda' relationship is normal, an old pervert having hots for a quite-young-lady. It's like a 30 year old wanting to marry an infant!! if you consider that normal, I consider gay relationships normal. So, don't be so sure to say gay ships are not a possbility. Because they're as plausible as Delia&Oak.
I'm not defending gay ships here, but I just find it ludicrous that some other fellow fans ignore them.
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:02 am

wouldn't be me if i didn't disagree, and that rhymes so i'm fulfilling my post as a writer in doing so.

dont assume that dilligently watching every single D&P episode will instantly create some kind of reaction in the brains of everyone that brings them around to your point of view - it wont. Advanceshipping may seem possible to you, but what about the opinions of all contestshippers out there? there's bound to be a few who still watch the show, in fact i can guarantee it, but they've seen the MayxDrew side of it, and (i may be wrong) but that is generally regarded as the most prominent and, possibly even, the most conscious attempt by the writers to present a shipping between one of the main trio of characters and someone else, within or without that trio. you may see advanceshipping as possible, people evidently share your opinions - but not everyone. also, the point us all supporting advanceshipping had the order/time the cast appeared/spent in the show was changed - not a valid point. whilst it may be true, and there's no guarantee for that because it all depends on the hints, and how much we like the character - it didn't happen, so what's the point in suggesting it?

over-crowding fandom? i was led to believe that the show is considerably less popular now than it was way back when.

and then the final point - it's not a case of the fans ignoring the potential for a so called 'inappropriate' relationship - a homosexual relationship, because if it was then we wouldn't be discussing it now. the simple fact is that the likelihood of the writers actually writing that, and for the episode(s) concerned to be widely accepted by the whole fanbase, is very minute. it's still not considered proper, it doesn't happen, it would get many complaints from uptight homophobic idiots who don't want their childrens' eyes soiled - and what potential is there really for anything like that to happen?

it's easy to argue against your points, whilst not possible to completely disprove them in a way that everyone everywhere would accept. you may be trying to see things from a neutral point of view - a rather odd position for someone interested in Pokemon shippings, as usually people have some sort of position. if you're really neutral though - why is it OldPOKESHIPPER? personally i'm quite happy with my deductions - AshxMisty rival/romantic, AshxMay friend/tutor+tutee, AshxDawn brotherly-sisterly + friend. that's the three main ones, obviously then expanding onto contest and handymanshipping, plus denying the existence of any romantic contradictory to what is stated there - e.g. egoshipping = no, palletshipping = no, bouldershipping = no, gymshipping = no etc. etc. etc.

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:10 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:Yes, it's true most pearlshippers are 8 year olds who don't know a thing about this and that, but I have met some Pearlshippers that are a decade older than me. In D&P you can notice many strange things if you just try...
But that's the thing that separates hints from evidence... Hints have to be read into, but with good evidence you shouldn't have to really debate it. You shouldn't have to "just try." I never felt like I had to "just try" to picture Pokeshipping.
Oldpokeshipper wrote:Other thing is that many people start to argue with themselfes lol By saying that no "inappropriate" relationship is going to happen, they automaticly erase the possibility of Delia and Samuel Oak getting together, a ship they so much like. I mean, Prof Oak was in his 60s as of debut and delia was 29 ( Info from Pokeani* ). Don't freackin' tell me that in the eyes of a child that kinda' relationship is normal, an old pervert having hots for a quite-young-lady. It's like a 30 year old wanting to marry an infant!! if you consider that normal, I consider gay relationships normal. So, don't be so sure to say gay ships are not a possbility. Because they're as plausible as Delia&Oak.
I'm not defending gay ships here, but I just find it ludicrous that some other fellow fans ignore them.
Hmmmm. Really? Oak is not a blatant pervert, and he's such a father-figure to Ash. I can almost see him as Ash's step-father in a non-perverse way.

Anyway, AaMLdudez had more interesting things to say, reply to him first!
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next