Pokeshipping Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Comparison?

+2
Katsu Koneko
Josh
6 posters

Go down

Game Comparison? Empty Game Comparison?

Post  Josh Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:11 am

When I was a kid, I played Pokemon Blue and Red like a maniac. I had insanely powerful pokemon, and always hummed the catchy tunes from the game throughout the day.
I have Pokemon Pearl, and it's really rather different.
I don't play video games nearly as much as I used to, but whenever I do, half the time I play Pearl. I didn't like it much at first, as I found it slow, and different.
All of a sudden, I was in a new world, completely different pokemon, semi-3d graphics, and a whole host of new gadgets. After a while, I settled into the rhythm of the slightly slower battles, and using the touch screen instead of buttons. I gained more knowledge of the new pokemon, and became more comfortable in the new area of Sinnoh.
Even though Pokemon Pearl is an excellent game, It just doesn't hold the same magic over me as the old games did. Is it because I'm older, or because all the new games are built of the same engine as the old ones? In all the games, you do the same thing. Capture, Fight, Train, Explore, and Fight some more.
I love the pokemon games, and the new gadgets and features are awesome, but I think it's time for them to come up with a much more unique pokemon adventure.
What about you?
Josh
Josh

Back to top Go down

Game Comparison? Empty Re: Game Comparison?

Post  Katsu Koneko Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:42 am

My first Pokémon game was Yellow. My mom got me the special edition bundle for my birthday. It remains my favorite to this day and I think most of you know why, but I'll say it again anyway.. :3 I freakin' <3 stalker Pikachu. Very Happy

I want another game where you can choose which Pokémon to stalk you, though I'll probably choose Pika. xD

The fastest time I finished a game was maybe a week and a half. xD I forget which game that was.

I own Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Emerald, and Pokémon Pinball Red & Blue edition.

Yeah I'm one of those people who don't have D/P. ^^;;;;

Though I am playing Platinum. :3 -shot-
Katsu Koneko
Katsu Koneko

http://www.freewebs.com/katsuko/

Back to top Go down

Post  Misty Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:16 pm

I have to agree with you guys, My favorite games were the earlier games XD -shot-
Even though those games didn't have very good graphics, and weren't on the snazzy gadgets we have these days, they were still bloody brilliant!
I mean, I just adored Red/Blue, and I would play them so much XD;

I have played nearly all the Pokémon games, I loved Pokémon Mystery Dungeon XD; But that was just a game i played because it was so cute...
I do love Pearl/Diamond, and when i see my nephew playing it, I think 'Wow, imagine if i had been able to play the games like that when i was his age' XD;
And even though Pearl/Diamond are great and all, I still absalutly LOVE Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow. XD They never seem to get old for me!

I'm currently hoping for a 3D game to come out on the Wii, that allows you to explore the lands from first person....It would be awesome to be able to explore the Pokémon land in that way XD

But i doubt that will happen yet :3 I hope so, though! It would be awesome if it was online too...but, there would be a lot of effort used, unless they used the models of the Pokémon that they did in 'Super Smash Brothers brawl' But they would havee to make over 400 more... XP

Ahh...
Well, basically, i love the original games over the rest, they make me feel younger again! I love you And I think the newer games are brill too, but maybe a bit...too...brilliant xD

I need to play platinum -shot-
Misty
Misty
Admin

https://aaml.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:32 am

Well, My first pok game was Pokemon Red, introduced on gameboy pocket. And tbh with you - I still play it today, that's how much I like it. The newer ones, yes for the graphics- no for the people, regions and the pokemons. Overall I still prefer the older ones, and almost every person I met said the same thing. I think i own pretty much all the games that are out there, including both Pokemon arena releases.
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Misty Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:58 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:Well, My first pok game was Pokemon Red, introduced on gameboy pocket. And tbh with you - I still play it today, that's how much I like it. The newer ones, yes for the graphics- no for the people, regions and the pokemons. Overall I still prefer the older ones, and almost every person I met said the same thing. I think i own pretty much all the games that are out there, including both Pokemon arena releases.

Oooohh thats awesome Very Happy And you totaly have the right idea about the games!! =D I love you
Misty
Misty
Admin

https://aaml.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:13 am

my fav is the GSC era, for me Gold was the best there has been so far. it's like the longest, covering the two best regions, with the best people, whilst keeping a base story line, and having enough Pokemon in it to make sure u never get bored. the graphics weren't too snazzy - tbh it was just perfect, i can remember when me n a friend got it the day we were going on holiday, n we didn't stop playing it for the whole time we were off - good times. RBY era was good too, though tbh i enjoyed it more playing leaf green n fire red, not sure why, just felt a bit better. went down hill for me with RS era - don't like Hoenn, didn't like the games, didn't like playing as May or that other dude with the white hair. think i got to the elite 4 on that then stopped playing, then i got diamond, which again i don't like, cos i don't like Dawn n i don;t like the guy's hat :s think i'm just outside victory road on that but i doubt i'll ever finish it.

anyways so far as Pokemon games go i've got quite a few. got: red, blue, yellow, gold, crystal, saphire, diamond then on the N64 i got pokemon stadium, got emulated version of pokemon stadium 2 n pokemon snap, emulated fire red/leaf green cant remember which, then on GC i got collosseum or however it's spelt, i really cba with spelling atm...didn't like that game much either if i'm honest but it could have been worse.

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:37 pm

Suspect ??? You talk like somebody i know Suspect nwm

Yeah, I got lots of games too, ranging from red to the latest D&P. but the GSC era and the first games were among the best in the entire history. I guess they always will be, you know- 1.) they are original 2.) Lots of possibilites for those types of games
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:29 pm

it's not that i've grown out of it i dont think either, cos i could still play and enjoy one of the earlier games, particularly gold...but i dont enjoy the new ones at all...dunno, i dont think they needed the graphic enhancements if i'm honest, and it runs quite slowly...n yh, just dont like them

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:59 pm

I guess it all comes down to characters used in the new games. I mean, c'mon! What kind of fun is it to run around as May or that weird hat-wearing dude!? It would be better if they introduced Misty into games, me thinks :3 An another original move, that would be
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:30 am

hmm indeed it would, that would be much better than playing as the rubbish characters they throw in now

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:32 pm

Agree, and while they're at it they should bring back the original pokemon, because tbh, the latest ones are a load of ****! bounce
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:29 am

here's a graphics comparison

generation 1: 2D, black and white and 8 bit game boy stuff

generation 2: 2D, colorful 8 bit game boy stuff

generation 3: 2D, Colorful 16 bit game boy stuff

generation 4: psudo 3d Colorful ?? bit DS stuff
Buck
Buck

http://www.buck-art.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:31 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:Agree, and while they're at it they should bring back the original pokemon, because tbh, the latest ones are a load of ****! bounce

also stfu, oldpokeshipper. the new pokemon pwns teh noobies
Buck
Buck

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:21 am

Buck wrote:

lol you mean the latest pathetic pokemon games? The confusing regions + Down syndrome-like characters? and the 3D being so inacurate that the character appears to be bigger than a tree? dude, shove em' games up...
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:41 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:
Buck wrote:

lol you mean the latest pathetic pokemon games? The confusing regions + Down syndrome-like characters? and the 3D being so inacurate that the character appears to be bigger than a tree? dude, shove em' games up...

my ass?

that makes me pretty horny
Buck
Buck

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:53 am

Sorry, I'm not gay. >_<
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:37 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:Sorry, I'm not gay. >_<

me neither

AND THAT'S THE JOKE
allow me to show you
this Wikipedia article
Explaining it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality
Buck
Buck

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:57 am

Oh, then you must not be familliar with the metaphor.

Allow me to introduce it to you here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:49 pm

Oldpokeshipper wrote:Oh, then you must not be familliar with the metaphor.

in joke
Buck
Buck

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:11 am

Buck wrote:
Oldpokeshipper wrote:Oh, then you must not be familliar with the metaphor.

in joke

indeed
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:40 pm

lol if that doesn't get 'admined' i'll be...surprised...even with the later explanation/argument involving wikipedia links which i missed at first and the realisation of the existence of which has caused me to overly edit my original post which did not contain the last 39 words.

seriously though, the new games suck in most aspects.

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:50 pm

Uh huh, lol I think we will all get 'admined'... xD

but then who will post on the board? :/ maybe not after all Very Happy
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum