Pokeshipping Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer ~AAML fic~

2 posters

Go down

Summer ~AAML fic~ Empty Summer ~AAML fic~

Post  Misty Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:05 am

This is a fic I wrote for a contest on deviantart X3 <33
Enjoy!! i have loads of AAML fics, but will only post a few ^-^

[color=indigo]Ash Ketchum opened his front door, trying to make as little noise as he could in the doing so. He had not told his mother that he was going to be arriving home purely for the fact that he loved to see the look of delight, mixed with surprise spread upon her face. So how, or why, was someone now running towards him, her arms spread wide and a look of sheer happiness on her face?
“Ash!!”
He stumbled back a little as she flung her arms around him, making Pikachu grasp onto his trainers top a little tighter. Ash let out a small laugh, returning the hug he was now in, patting the girl on the back softly.
“Hey Mist- How did you know I was coming home?” He asked, as the red head pulled back from their embrace. She grinned her brilliant grin, and gave him a knowing look.
“I didn’t know you were. I’m here with Tracey, I guess it was just kind of lucky that I was here where you were!” She smiled, turning her attention to Pikachu- who took this as an advantage and scrambled from Ashs back onto Mistys, nuzzling her neck affectionately.
“And how have you been?” She asked, scratching Pikachus ear. Pikachu nodded its head as thought it were telling her he had been fine, to which she smiled.
“But- how did you know it was me?” Ash asked, raising an eyebrow and looking around for any sign of his mother.
“Well, you weren’t exactly quiet about it. Saying ‘Pikachu, come on, lets surprise my mom by just walking in on her’, in a very loud voice, may I add, wasn’t exactly your most genius plan you could have come up with, you know?” Misty giggled, winking at him.
“Well- it was just a last minute thing! I mean, hey, where is my mom anyway?” Ash asked, but he did not listen to her reply, for he was still taking in the fact that she was there. He hadn’t see her in a long time, a few letters here and there, and maybe the odd phone call. But seeing her in the flesh was a totally different experience, he had forgotten just how much she had changed, her hair fell to her shoulders, framing her face perfectly, and he noticed within the first few seconds that she was, indeed, wearing one of his old tops. A black baggy t-shirt, with a patch on the arm where a pokeball was, and some Pikachu shorts that he guessed where hers, for they fit her perfectly. They were both around same height now, Ash being just a little taller than her… so there was no more looking down or being able to use the ‘I’m taller than you’ excuse he was so used to hearing.
“…should be back later- Ash, hey, Ash! Look at me, you idiot!”
He blinked, his attention drawing back to her face. She looked the exact same as she did when they were 10 – 7 years before- it almost made him think he was in the middle of a forest, with her blaming him for them being lost. The only thing missing was Brock, holding his hands up defensively between the two of them.
“Ash- I said that your mother was at the professors lab, with Tracey, she’ll be back soon!” Misty said, hitting him playfully in the arm, he felt something inside his drop as the disappointment hit him before they both walked into the kitchen.
“So how have you been?” Misty asked, as she rummaged through the cupboards as if she lived there, pulling out two glasses. Ash didn’t think much of it though, for he was sure she had spent a lot of more time in the house over the last 2 years than he had. She poured two glasses of milk, and placed on down in front of Ash with a warm smile. He eagerly drank it, and slammed the empty glass on the table with a burp following. Misty tried to look disgusted, but a childish look fell over her face and she laughed. A little…too un-Misty like of a laugh, in Ashs opinion. He was used to her scolding him for doing such a thing, so it came as a surprise to see her taking it so lightly. She had also let the fact that he had drifted away when she was speaking go easily. Maybe she wasn’t as happy as she looked she was. Maybe something was wrong? Or maybe she had just…became less uptight about things? He noticed her examining him as though she were looking for some sort of damage, and he decided to answer her previous question.
“I’ve been great, thanks! The same as always, meeting friends, leaving friends, winning battles, not loosing them…being great. You know, same old? I won 4 badges in 2 months, that’s a personal record. So yeah…I’ve been great, travelling is always great…and always coming home to find you.” He said the last part through a smirk, as Pikachu helped himself to some Pokechow that had, Ash assumed, been lay down for Mistys Azurill, who didn’t seem to be around. It was late, so Ash guessed that he was sleeping. Misty let another smile take over her lips.
“Same old you. Always full of yourself to the brim.” She commented,
“Hey! I have reason to be!” Ash said in defence, she grinned, and he returned the gesture. Maybe this whole ‘Misty and Ash getting along’ thing was going to work? He liked it, but wasn’t all to sure if she was fully ok. He shook the thoughts from his head, telling himself he was being stupid, and she had just changed a lot since they had last been together. But somehow, it was too hard to just accept this much of a change in such short time. He frowned, and decided to try and find out if things where all they seemed to be.
“So, how have you been?” Ash asked, watching her sip the milk slowly. She placed the glass down carefully, opened her mouth, and then closed it again as if she wasn’t sure what to say. A mixed look of confusion and…regret? Fell over her features and she pursed her lips.
“W-“
“Ashy!!”
Ashs head spun around, finding himself now in the arms of his mother, who had embraced him in one of her death-related hugs that he so sorely hated to love.
“H-Hey mom!” He choked out, letting out a large breath as his mother pulled back, looked him head to toe, and pulled him back again.
“Oh Ashy-kins! You didn’t tell me you were coming back!! How dare you come in like this- that’s it- to your room!!” Mrs.Ketchum sobbed out, pulling back once again. Her eyes swelled up into tears, before pulling him close once more.
“But Mo-“
“Oh no, you can’t go to your room! Tell me all of your adventures at once, oh! Dear! You look famished, You haven’t been eating, have you!? To you room, right now!- No, wait, stay here, oh! I’m so happy you’re home, dear!”
Misty had to stop herself from laughing, as she watched Mrs.Ketchum scold and worship her son. It was hard to believe that the older woman had ever wanted her son to travel, it really was. She hurried both her and Ash into the sitting room, ordering them to sit down on the couch. Her eyes were red and blotchy as she sat down on a arm chair, a tray with tea lay on the table , and both Misty and Ash sat on the couch side by side.
“Oh- Ash, I so wish you would have told me you were arriving home-I would have been able to prepare some food for you- and, oh I’m so glad Misty was here when she was- it would have been awful for you to come home to find no one-“ Mrs.Ketchum stopped her sentence, and looked over to Misty. Ash looked from one to the other with a odd look.
“-Not that its good that you’re here to begin with, dea-“
“-Its ok, Mrs. Ketchum. I’m happy I’m here when Ash gets back, too, I really am.” Misty smiled falsely, ignoring the look that Ash was giving her.
“What happened?” He asked, sitting up a little more straight. His mother looked at misty, and without taking her eyes off her, she said;
“Nothing, dear, now, shall I fix you two something to eat?”
“I’ll help you, Del-“
“No, no, dear, you are the guest here. You stay and talk to my ashy-kins!” Mrs. Ketchum said, her spirits suddenly rising as she stood up, fixing a pink piny, that reminded both Ash and Misty of Brocks one, around her waist.
There was an odd silence that fell upon the teenagers as they sat on the red, squishy couch. Ash found himself wondering about what his mother had meant, and before he could ask a question, Misty beat him to it.
“How’s Dawn doing?” She asked, leaning back into the couch, and pulling her legs up so they were closer to her chest. Ash blinked, falling back into a similar position, his legs remaining on the floor though.
“She’s Ok, doing great in the contests. She’s really impressed me lately, ya know?” He smiled, thinking of his blue-haired friend who was currently travelling with her rival like friend, Zoe.
“That’s good.” She said, watching the walls as if they were going to come to live and perform some sort of entertainment for them.
“What did my mom mean about it not being good that you were here?” Ash asked, unable to contain himself. He watched her as she turned towards him, a stern look on her face.
“She meant nothing, Ash. Come on, tell me about all the brilliant adventures I’ve missed out on.” She smiled, hoping it would distract the Pokémon trainer from his questions. And it did. She settled herself in a comfortable position, ready to be told some of the wonderful quests he had been on without her.

Many hours had passed since Ash had began his stories, all questions he had meant to ask Misty forgotten, or more likely pushed to the back of his brain for the time being. He found himself telling the stories of him, Dawn, and Brock while he was eating, and then he was standing up, giving full and visible explanations of the adventures to not only Misty, but his mother too. The thing that made him realise just how much he had spoken was when the clock on the wall gave small ‘buzz’ noise, and he noticed that it was midnight. His eyes landed on his mother, hoping she would not shout at him for being so reckless and staying up this ‘late’ (when infact he stayed up much later on normal days). Deliah Ketchum was in too much of a good mood to be bothered by the small mishap, so she happily let it slip as she told the teens the sleeping plans.
“Right- Ash, you can sleep in your room if you want-“ Ash looked taken back at the thought of not sleeping in his own room “- But Misty’s in there too, she’s staying here for the summer…and we want her to be as comfortable as possible, don’t we?” She gave her son one of her agree-with-me-now-or-die looks, and he rolled his eyes, nodding his head.
“Why can’t she just sleep on the couch?” Ash asked, grinning
“Ash- don’t be so rude!” Misty said,
Ash rolled his eyes as his mother hit him over head softly and walked up the stairs, calling over her shoulder;
“Don’t be so rude, Ash- and don’t forget to clean your teeth and change your you know whats!”
Misty smirked, watching the blush form harshly on his cheeks.
“Well- where do I sleep if you’re in my room!?” He asked, obviously angered by the thought of not sleeping there. Misty rolled her eyes,
“You have a bunk bed, you moron. I call top bed!”
And with that, she was running up the stairs. Ash stared after her for a few seconds. That was definitely Misty, and nothing was wrong with this Misty. Or so he thought.

The next day was not the best of awakenings Ash could have received, he felt a hand brush upon his face around thirty minutes before having a glass of cold water hit him square in the face. He spluttered, rolling over,
“Wha-Th…What the he-“
“Morning Ash! Get your butt out of bed, lazy.”
Ash looked up, blinking. His eyes widened as he saw the red head infront of him, wearing the same thing she had the night before. His cheeks began to burn.
“What- Why are you in my room!?” He demanded, pulling his duvet up to cover his bare chest. She rolled her eyes, throwing a pillow at him that had fell from the bed he was on.
“I sleep here, you idiot. And I don’t know what you’re trying to cover up, Ash, I’ve seen you in your swimming trunks plenty of times.” Misty said, laughing more to herself than at him. She sat down on the mattress beside him, placing the empty glass on a cabinet neatly, and smiled at him.
“What was the glass of water for!?” He asked, burying his face in the newly retrieved pillow. Misty rolled her eyes again.
“That was for burping in the presence of a lady yesterday, it was really rude, you know?” She asked. Wow. She could hold a grudge.
“That was yesterday!” He said, sitting up again, facing her. She frowned.
“It was still rude!” She pushed, glaring at him.
“Oh, and intruding on some ones house like its their own isn’t!?” Ash demanded. Misty stood up at once, glaring at him as equally. She stared at him for a few seconds.
“Forget it, Ash, I was just going to ask if you wanted to come to the beach, well, I wasn’t asking you- your mum’s going to make you. Don’t pull that face! She’s arranging to have everyone at the beach to meet you- Tracey, Gary, and Brock are going. Professor Oak and Richie are going to be there too, it’s a shame May and that can’t be there- they’re all travelling though… ” She trailed off, Ash muttered to himself as he stood up, walking across the room whiles stretching. Misty found her eyes travelling over his body, and her cheeks began to burn instantly. She had seen him in his trunks…a long long time ago, because he certainly did not look as….masculine then. She hurried towards the door, looking to the floor.
“Just get dressed and grab some beach stuff together, will ya? Oh- and its meant to be a surprise, everyone on the beach. So act surprised, ok?” She asked, a little more harshly than she intended. She sighed and walked out, mentally kicking herself.
Misty
Misty
Admin

https://aaml.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Summer ~AAML fic~ Empty Chapter/Part 2 ^___^

Post  Misty Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:06 am

Ash couldn’t quite put his finger on it. Misty had been his best friend for a good 7 years now. She was staying in his house, and his mother knew more about whatever was going on in her head than he did. He guessed it was because he had been gone for so long. And then he found himself froze, a feeling running through him that could only be recognised as quilt. He hadn’t been there for her. His eyes fell to a picture that was popped up on his side cabinet where the glass that had woken him that morning was placed. The picture was off him, his mother, mr.mime, professor Oak, Brock, Tracey, and Misty, all in their old and scruffier outfits. Misty had her arm linked with Ash, making him looking more at her in surprise than the camera. She had a grin on her face, and was winking. Ash blinked, thinking over in his head the amount of time they had spent together when they were younger. Realisation hit him like a bullet to the stomach, he knew exactly what was up with Misty. He hadn’t spent enough time with her, right?
He smirked. He was about to change that. Ash grabbed his trunks and stuffed them into a bag, throwing a towel in too. He skimmed his room, and found his shorts , slipped them on and threw a summery t-shirt on before running from the room, grabbing his sunglasses on the way out.
When he made it down the nearly vertical staircase, which he swore to god that would one day kill him, he found Pikachu running towards him, and scrambling into its usual position, patting his trainer on the head happily.
“Hey Pikachu, you alright?” He asked, Pikachu nodded.
“Pika!-Pika, Chhuuu!” Pikachu squealed, obviously enjoying the attention he was receiving from his mother.
“Hm…good, we need a rest, don’t we? How about we stay here for a few weeks…” He asked,
“You’re staying for a few weeks?” A voice asked. Ash turned around, recognising it to be Mistys. He smiled and shrugged.
“Well, we need a rest, ya know…When are you leaving?” He asked, as he walked into the kitchen, Misty following slowly. She bit her lip and frowned,
“Are you saying that you don’t want me here!?” She accused, stepping forwards slightly. Ashs eyes widened, and he stepped back,
“N-no! I was-“
“Look, Ash, if you don’t want me here, I can go.” Misty stated. Her heart seemed to float up in her chest, her eyes pinned on Ash.
“No- I was, I was just asking! Look- I- What the hell is with all these random mood changes- one second you’re nice, the next you’re all accusing! And what was that with my mum- Misty-what the hell is going on with you!?” He demanded. Misty stepped back, a fiery, yet sad look burning in her eyes. She opened her mouth- but was interrupted as Mrs. Ketchum walked into the room, not noticing the squabble that had happened. She placed her flowery, summer bag on the small kitched table, and smiled up, looking from Ash to Misty. She placed her sunglasses that had been covering on her eyes, to the top of her head.
“Hmm, what a lovely day! Professor Oak wants to see you, Ash, oh- Misty, dear, will you help me pack some more things? Can never be too careful with sun cream!”
Misty nodded her head, looking once more at Ash, and forcing a small smile.
“Of course, Mrs. Ketchum.” She said, and set of to help Ashs mother packing things. Mrs. Ketchum seemed completely oblivious to the tension that she had barged into,
“Ash! Professor Oak, now!” She demanded, pointing to the door. He rolled her eyes, and from the tugging that Pikachu was now doing on his shirt, he guessed that his Pokemon wanted to see the Professor just as much as his mother did. Ash yawned, still trying to wake up, and his thoughts running back to Misty every now and then as he walked from his house, to the lab that was located only a door away. He smiled as he took in the appearance of his surroundings, the sun was as bright as it could be, shinning perfectly over the plants that took over the land around the tall lab. Pikachu hopped down from his shoulder, and began to sniff and poke at the plants, sneezing. Ash yawned once again, and knocked on the door of the lab.
It was not much of a surprise to have a welcoming embrace from Tracey, who was now kneeling down to see Pikachu happily.
“He looks great, Ash! You’ve done such a great job raising him, he’s excellent!”
Pikachu was now enjoying himself even more.
‘Thanks, Tracey- How have you been?” Ash asked, and Tracey stood up, he was a little taller than Ash. He nodded his head,
“They’ve been great, thanks- and you?”
But Ash did not have the opportunity to answer the question as a shout came from behind Tracey.
“Tracey- Who’s that!?”
It was the voice of the old, wise, and sometimes foolish Professor Oak. He found himself stumbling into the scene, smiling with delight as he saw Ash.
“Ah! Ash- right, I wasn’t aware of your return until your mother told me this morning! Hmm- I was wondering if you wanted to leave your Pokemon here to get healed?”
Pikachu seemed a little taken back, until ash said;
“Its ok Pikachu, You can stay with me. And, yes, professor, that would be great if you could!” He said, feeling happy that he had put his pokeball belt on that morning. He found the 5 balls, and handed them to professor Oak, who walked into the storage room and came out again nearly as quickly. He offered Ash a seat, as Tracey sat on the floor, sketching Pikachu ( who was running around, chasing what looked like a Ratitat).
“So , its quite convenient you came home when you did, with Misty being her for the next couple of the weeks, maybe months, its quiet sad. I’m sure she was happy to see you, though, she’s seemed so lonely since the destruction of the gym.” Professor Oak said, as if it were just a normal thing to discuss. Ash jumped to his feet at once, what was Oak talking about?
“What do you- the gym, its gone?” Ash asked, blinking with disbelieve. Pikachu looked up, and Tracey remained silent.
“You didn’t know?” Oak asked, wide eyed. Ash shook his head slowly.
“Oh-Yes. Her sisters are ok, no one was hurt, or injured badly.” Oak concluded, seeing the look on Ashs face.
“And- so, what happened to the…so its all gone?” Ash asked again, not ready to believe such a building could be gone so quickly.
“Yes…its sad. It’s still being investigated as to why, but, by the looks of things…it’s because of the power the gym has had over the last few years.”
Ash gave him a questioning look.
“Well, you see…ever since Misty took over the gym, the reports have gone up so much that she began to get population as ‘head water trainer’, within a year she had renewed the lost respect the gym deserved. She ever managed to get her sisters to help her out- but some one, some where, doesn’t want the title of ‘head water Pokemon trainer’ passed onto such a young person, or…well, there could be any reason for the destruction, but that’s just a theory.”
Ash stayed quiet for a few moments, he drummed his fingers on the table where he was sitting. It didn’t seem to make much sense. It didn’t make sense to put a gym to its end, and most importantly, his best friend in danger.
“So- this person wants Misty dead? Or something?” He asked, not wanting to sound as if it where a real possibility that Misty could indeed die. Professor frowned for a second as though he had not thought of it in that way.
“It could have been some one else they wanted dead, like her sisters, like Daisy.”
Ash looked down, to see Tracey now sketching a quick and accurate picture of Daisy, Mistys oldest sisters, smiling. He had no idea why Tracey chose Daisy of the three sisters, but he didn’t really care at that moment in time.
“It could have been destroyed for a reason other than that. But all that is important at the moment, is that Misty and her sisters are alive and well.” Professor Oak said, standing up. He frowned.
“Where are her sisters now?” Ash asked,
“They’re in Jhoto, with one of Daisys close friends.” Tracey said, perfecting the sketch of said girl. Ash looked at the professor questionably.
“Misty decided to come here, we don’t know why. She said she would feel more…at home here. So your mother naturally allowed her to.”
Ash nodded slowly, taking in the information as though he was being told he was about to die. He swallowed the lump in his throat.
“She’ll be ok here, right?” He asked, looking the Professor in the eye.
“Ash, I’m sure she will be fine. She is changing moods quite terribly though, but I guess that’s what teenage girls are…one big mood change with chocolate as the cure.”
“She’s bound to be….I mean, her home’s gone, isn’t it?” Tracey noted,
“Yes..But she has a family here, for now.” Professor Oak said, Ash nodded slowly. He felt bad for what he had said earlier now.
“Why didn’t I hear about this before?” Ash asked as suddenly as the question entered his mind. He had been in Sinnoh and had heard no news of this, nor had he on his day and a half boat ride back to Kanto.
“Ash. It only happened two days ago.” Tracey said.

Ash found himself in the back seat of the car his mother owned after Professor Oak ushered him out of the lab as he had to get ready for something. His eyes were sneaking looks at Misty as though he was making sure she was ok. He shrugged the thoughts away though, and concentrated on seeing all his friends at the beach again, he knew what was up with her, and all he could do to help was to take her mind of it. But still, it was so hard to believe…
He was yanked from his thoughts as the car pulled up, he climbed out the car, Pikachu on his head (wearing his sunglasses.) and stretched. His eyes flickered to Misty, to see her walking towards him. She smiled, apparently forgetting their earlier ‘argument’.
“Hey, Ash, I bet I can change quicker than you!”
And within the time it took for Ash to realise he had been challenged, she was at the changing rooms- small and sandy, but still holding enough room for some one to change in them. There was a small water tap outside of the males one, a place for Pokemon to wash sand from their fur or skin. Ash raced over, and was out within an amazing 52 seconds (He counted.) Only what was even more amazed when he saw the girl who was once his tomboyish, carrot hating, pepper kicking, bug-seeing-then screaming, best friend. Misty has sunglasses perched on the top of her hair, and as Ashs eyes followed down her body, he saw that she was wearing a beautiful aqua bikini that fitted her developed body perfectly. She smiled, and stuck a tongue out; ruining her elegance and reminding him that she was indeed, still, his tomboyish, carrot hating, pepper kicking, bug-seeing-then screaming, best friend.
“I beat ya!” She grinned, turned, and ran ahead, over the grassy and sandy dunes, onto the shimmering sheets of sand that was the beach. Ash looked around to see no one he knew, and made a quick dash after her. As he made the top of the dunes, he looked down to see a group of small (but big in his heart) people, gathered together, and shouting.
“SURPRISE!”
Misty was at the front of the group, showing two peace signals. Around her were; Ritchie, grinning his trademark grin, Professor Oak, standing his trademark smart-guy pose, Tracey, with his trademark sketch-pad, Brock, with his trademark drool as he stared in the complete opposite direction, at two total strangers of woman, Mrs. Ketchum, with her trademark warm, and loving smile, and to Ash’s utmost surprise, Gary, with his trademark smirk. Ashs eyes flickered to the girl in the middle of the family of friends, to see Misty, with her trademark, beautiful, grin. The Pokemon that had come along were scattered, running around the party of people happily.
It took a while for Ash to act surprised.

Ash Ketchum was a very social and popular person, and anyone could tell this by the amount of attention he was receiving from him friends, they were one by one clapping him on the back, hugging him, shaking his hand, and even an encouraging nod from Gary didn’t go amiss. Ash found himself talking to Ritchie the most; they had a lot of catching up to do. Mrs. Ketchum lay down some snacks and drinks on a blanket she had brought, before her and Professor Oak went for a stroll down the beach. Pikachu was running over the sand, occasionally slipping, and was enjoying it, along with Azurill. Misty wasn’t usually one to interrupt some ones conversations…ok, she was, but she didn’t like to admit it.
“Ash?”
Said boy looked up from Ritchie, and gave a smile,
“Yeah?” He asked, She breathed in, and smiled. Ritchie found his eyes fall over her body, not going unnoticed by ash.
“Come in the water with me.” She said, holding her hand out. Ash raised an eyebrow.
“The water?” He asked, and stood up, taking her hand. Ritchie snorted back his laughter. This was going to be fun to watch. Ash, and Misty, in the water. Together.
Oh, lord, pigs would fly.
Misty
Misty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Summer ~AAML fic~ Empty chapter/art 3 =D

Post  Misty Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:07 am

“I love the ocean…” Misty muttered, as she watched the water crashing against her feet, a smile on her lips. Ash studied her, trying not to bring up the subject of Cerulean Gym.
“Yeah…The oceans nice, I always think of you when I see it.” He didn’t mean to say the last part, and tried to cover it as equally fast “-But that’s only because you used to yap on in my ear about it.” He chucked, preparing himself for a scolding. But It didn’t seem to come.
She looked touched and edged closer to him, her eyes sparkling.
“Really…you think of me?” She asked.
“Of course I do! I mean- We, you and me, we travelled for a long time…I always think of you. What you’re doing, and stuff.” Ash said.
“Ash…That’s really sweet, really. I think of you too….all the time….I r-….I really missed you.”
Misty was now looking back at the water, and was on the edge of tears. Ash felt guilt fill up in him again, his heart pounding quicker by the second.
“Well… I missed you too. And I’m home now, for a month. I promise We’ll spend more time together, ok?”
“Ok…”
Misty smiled and nodded, feeling more than happy. She had been waiting for so long to see her best friend again, and now he was here for a month…it would be brilliant.
“So…do you want to come with me and Pikachu, when we leave again?”
There was an uncomfortable silence.
“I can’t” Misty managed to say, looking up at him. Ash sighed,
“I know what happened.” Ash stated, fearing the reaction he would receive from the fiery red head.
“What?” She asked, blinking.
“The gym…I’m really sorry, Mist….” He replied, he could only think of apologising for her loss of a home and job. However, Misty didn’t look to saddened by the topic. She had a slightly confused expression on her face, and she smiled.
“I don’t know what you’re speaking about, Ash.”
Ash looked taken aback, he blinked at her. What was she talking about?
“But Misty- The gym, it got destroyed, just two days ago….I know, Professor Oak told me.” Ash pushed on, Mistys face saddening by the second. She turned to him fiercely,
“Nothing happened to the Gym, Ash! I came here with- I came here to see You!”
“You didn’t know I was coming back, how did you!?”
“I- Just, leave me alone, Nothing happened to my gym! Its there! And- you, y-you just leave me alone!”
And then Misty walked away, sobbing. Ash stared after her, blankly, not knowing what he had done. He considered walking after her…but she had told him to leave her alone, so he stood still for a few more minutes, looking over the ocean. That was, until he heard a voice from behind him;
“Are you an idiot, or what?”
It was Gary. Ash let out a sigh, realising that Gary was probably the same as he always way; there to make fun of him.
“I guess I am-“
“Oh, don’t go feeling sorry for yourself, Ash.” Gary said, standing next him and sticking his hands in his pockets, looking over the water. Ash felt anger rise up in him, he wasn’t feeling sorry himself, he was only trying to avoid another argument.
“I wasn’t-“
“Ash, when a girl says she wants to be alone in a time like this, that’s basically her way of saying ‘follow me, show me you care for me, hug me’ Take it from some one who knows.”
Ash raised an eyebrow, taking in the possibility of Misty wanting him to go after her. Maybe she did want to him to? Maybe this was all some sort of front, and she really wanted him to dig deeper to find the real her?
“But she said she wanted to be alone.” Ash said in defence, as he was used to arguing back to his old rival.
“Ash-“
“She doesn’t even realise that the Gym’s gone!” Ash shouted, Gary held his hand up to his head, rolling his eyes.
“You really are one of the most idiot people ever.” Gary muttered, shaking his head.
“You keep reminding me.” Ash stated, causing a smirk from both teens.
“Look, Misty’s in denial. She’s been through a lot lately, she fell out with her sisters about a week before- something about Lillie’s boyfriend. And the gym was destroyed when she was out, so she came here within an hour of the incident. She hasn’t even been able to see the destruction sight, only from helicopter views on the news. In her mind she’s probably….well, convinced its not real.”
“Maybe…”
“I’m right.” Gary said.
“How do you know all that, anyway?”
“Because, dumbass, me and Tracey have been the ones she’s been in contact with for the last…2 years, when you’ve been off on your adventures. I mean, fair enough- you’re on the road to becoming a Pokemon master- that’s not a compliment, by the way- but, did you ever stop to think how Misty felt? Think about it…you’re her best friend, right?-“
“And we write to each other all the time!” Ash said in defence, angry at what he was being accused of.
“You really think that letters are the same as actually spending time with each other? Look, I spoke to her a couple of weeks ago… I was on the way home and she found me in the Pokemon Centre, so she came back to pallet with me- and all she spoke about was how much she missed you. She asked about what it was like when we were kids, she really, really cares for you. And if you don’t realise it soon, she’s going to become a very bitter person. Just be there for her, Go after her. For her sake, and yours.”
Ash studied Gary carefully, taking in what he had said. It sounded odd, hearing such words from him. He even had a feeling of jealousy run through him. He hadn’t known that Misty and Gary had become friends…not as close as Gary had explained anyway. It was odd. He had always been the one who had been close to Misty, and was sure that she had shared all her secrets with him…Ash gulped, his attention drawing to something he hadn’t realised until that moment.
“Since when did you become so good with…the whole, understanding people thing?” He asked Gary, who smirked in response.
“When I grew up.”
And with that, Gary left him alone.

Ash didn’t know what to say…he looked in the direction of where Misty had walked, to see she had walked further up the beach and out of view. He kicked himself mentally, before taking after her in a quick pace, his heart pounding in his chest as his feet began to jog slightly, soon turning into a run. He found himself slowing down a little, the heat getting to him as he ran. He jogged further along the beach line, where the water and the sand met- droplets of water flicking off the back of his bare feet as he jogged. His jog, however, soon came to a halt. He skidded, his feet piercing the sand fiercely at the sudden stop. Above, barely in sight, was a large, pile of rocks; it was nothing unusual on the beach; the whole length of the beach had random patches of rocks that built up around the dunes, some overflowing into the parking lots or patches of grass that were a the top of them. But something in particular about this one made him stop; perched on the top rock, was a red head. He hair was framing her face perfectly, and as Ash drew closer to her, he saw her features come into view. Her face held the expression of some one lost, tears were racing from her eyes, and she was holding her body in a protective matter. Her knees raised to her chest, and her arms circled around them, she rested her head on her knees, staring over the ocean. Ash was sure she hadn’t noticed him, he cleared his throat, catching her attention. She continued to stare ahead. Ash sighed, climbing up the rocks so he was next to her, and he sat down, waiting for any sign that she recognised him. And then he thought about what Gary had told him; ‘Be there for her’. He thought about speaking to her a few times, but when he saw the look on her face; so….fragile, he realised that he wouldn’t even know what to say to her. So he just sat, staring over the water as it crashed upon the rocks they were on now, and he decided he was going to…just be there for her, for the time being.

Mrs. Ketchum was some one who worried a lot. She worried every day when she wasn’t in contact with Ash, or even his friends. She worried for the Pokemon that she was close to, and even the ones she wasn’t- the ones who had no home. She worried when Professor Oak didn’t call over for his usual cup of evening tea, she worried when Tracey wasn’t in the mood for drawing. She worried when Misty didn’t call every other week, and she was most definitely worrying now.
“Don’t worry, Delia; Ash and Misty will come back soon, they must have just gone for a walk.” Samuel reassured her, patting her on the shoulder slightly. She shook her head franticly;
“My Ashy would never be gone for this long! Look- What if something happened to them! Misty is a very young girl, and anyone could take-“
“She has Ash with her….she will be fine.”
Mrs. Ketchum sighed, petting Pikachus head, who was too, looking worriedly into the distance as though searching for its trainer.

“A-Ash…”
Said boy looked up, to see that Misty was still looking ahead of them. Her eyes then fell down, and she hugged herself a little more. He began to feel quite nervous, not knowing what to say.
“Uh…Yeah?” He asked, Misty turned her head slightly she was facing him, hot tears forming streams down her cheeks once more.
“Why-“
“I don’t Know, Mist…” Ash replied, knowing that she would be asking why that gym has been destroyed in such a matter. She looked down once again, before choking out her words;
“B-but….I….They….it’s all gone, Ash….It’s all….eve-everything…”
And then there was a silence, before Ash gently placed his arm around her shoulder. Misty began to sob, and her shoulders gave in to her own tears, she leaned in to Ashs comforting embrace, and cried out her worries, memories, and her undying emotions of love for the boy that held her. She wasn’t even in the right state of mind to blush at the situation, and she found herself clenching onto Ashs chest, her fingers gripping him like there was no tomorrow as she continued to sob. All Ash could do was hold her there, and run his hand up and down her back. Something about her body with his seemed to work…it was like they….fitted each other. Like they completed each other.

And that was how they woke up. Both of them had fallen asleep in each others arms, silently grateful to have the other there. And as the sun began to set, only the slight breeze of wind was left to make the beach how it was. Ash had awoken, not by feeling awake- but by the sound of some shouting in the distance. He opened one eye, unaware of the girl in his arm, he sat up to see a Growlithe running over the beach, and a couple laughing heartedly at their Pokemon.
“Ash…?”
The soft voice somehow made him jump, Ashs eyes flew fully open as he looked down, to see a pair of arms wrapped around his waist, and a very flustered red head staring at him in surprise.
“M-Misty..?” Memories of what had happened earlier flood back to him, he suddenly fell a lot calmer about the situation. He hand slipped over hers, smiling at her as he did. His eyes wondered over to the sun, that was now almost fully hidden from view, and he gasped audibly.
“Mist- we should be getting back…” He saw a look of protest visible on her beautiful face, and he thanked the lords for blessing him with such a wonderful and pretty best friend.
“I don’t want to go back yet…” she muttered, still staring at him.
“I know…but the sun’s almost down, and people will be worrying about u-“ He was cut off as Misty sat up, and kissed him on the cheek. It was a simple, yet elegant kiss that held more emotions than one would think.
“Thankyou, Ash…You really….just….we should be getting back, like you said.” Misty stood up, reaching a hand down to Ash; who was in slight shock of the face that he had been kissed by her; sure, it was only on the cheek…but still. He accepted her hand, and pulled himself up, before hopping down the rocks, and helping Misty behind him. She let out small laughs, watching the water once more, as they walked back down the beach, taking as much time as they could. Ash was sneaking looks at her, feeling oddly…right to have his hands entangled with hers. It was something he had never felt before, and something he…something he liked. He knew that Misty was a somewhat…special person to his, but he had never quite put his finger on it. Now he sort of…knew. Was this that thing called, ‘summer love’ that people spoke so fondly of? He shook his head mentally, throwing all thoughts of ‘love’ away. Misty was his friend, just his friend. Right? If she was just his friend, why had she fell asleep in his arms wearing nothing but a bikini? He frowned at himself. This wasn’t Ash-Like, and anything not Ash-like was something to panic about, right? So why wasn’t he worrying now…
“Ash?”
He looked at Misty questionably.
“I’m really glad you’re my best friend, you know?” The look in her eye told him she was telling the absolute truth.
And then it hit him. He wasn’t worried, or panicked, because him and her had always been this way. It had just been…put behind walls,or arguments, and it was kind of saddening to think that something as big as the gyms destruction was the thing that had knocked those walls down. Nevertheless, he took the words she had said to his heart, and the realisation that had hit him hard was making him smile just a little more. They really were best friends.

Or something more?
Misty
Misty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Summer ~AAML fic~ Empty Re: Summer ~AAML fic~

Post  Misty Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:07 am

The car ride back to the Ketchum resident was silent. After being physically scolded by his mother, Ash found himself rubbing his sore head in the back seat, as Pikachu gave him a its-your-own-fault look. He looked over to Misty who was smiling at him, Azurill sitting in her lap. They hadn’t spoken of what had happened, mainly due to the fear of Mrs. Ketchum’s reaction. Ash turned to look out of the window after giving Misty one last reassuring smile, and watched the trees zoom past him, the scenery one big blur. His thoughts traced back to the nights that he and Misty had spent together 7 years earlier, with Brock right by their side. They would all be sitting around the campfire, Brocks wonderful home cooking in their laps. And they would laugh with each other, speak about the days events and what was up ahead of them…then Ash would say something stupid, Misty would make a cheap shot at him, and then Brock would laugh it off in hope of avoiding a argument. Sure…Ash had done the same thing with other people, but sometimes…nothing could compare to those earlier days. The days when he would be shot down so easily, if he lost something- he would be so upset. And that’s when Misty really made him change. She would lift his spirits, even if it was with a simple “I knew you could do it” after all the events he would go through to get somewhere. And when he did loose, she would tell him to try harder. That alone gave him the potential to carry on working as hard as he did. He then remembered the time that they had met up when he had been in Jhoto….how happy he and Brock had seemed to be. It was a very lonely feeling sometimes at night, when he was look into the fire and see nothing but her looking back. He would tell himself to work harder because he believed that was what she had wanted…right?

“Good night, dear!” Mrs. Ketchum said cheerfully, her mind clear of worry as she walked up the stairs. She caught the eye of the red head, and winked at her. Misty blushed, and nodded to her;
“Good night, Mrs. Ketchum…” She mumbled, blinking after her. Ash came out of the kitchen and handled Misty a drink, which she took gratefully. The two of them walked to the back garden of the house, looking up into the summer sky to see a blur of dark pinks and oranges, the sun 95% hidden, and stars dotted all over. Misty let out a smile, turning to Ash on the spot.
“I’m glad you’ve come so far in your journeys, Ash. I’m so proud of you.”
Ash smiled at that.
“I know you are…you always sort of pushed me to my limits, you know? But now that I’ve…grown up, I guess I can see why you did it…so thanks.” He smiled, holding his glass up to hers. She returned the gesture with a grin.
“About before….I’m sorry for breaking down-“
“No, its Ok…You’re bound to…after what’s happened, I mean.” Ash said, placing his now empty glass down on the garden table. Misty smirked, placing hers down beside it.
“Are you feeling sorry for me, Ketchum?” She teased, he shrugged.
“Maybe…Or maybe not.” He smirked, matching her expression.
Misty raised an eyebrow.
“Well how on earth could you possibly excuse what happened before?” She asked, leaning against the table, her hands popping her up.
“Maybe I liked it when you were…” A blush fell on the cheeks of the young trainer.
“When I was what- Ash?” Misty asked, peering over at him.
“Maybe I just liked it when we…were together like that. I missed you, and Gary was right, I guess….”
Misty stared at him, and a soft smile took over her lips. She walked over to him, and placed her arms around his waist in a hug as they were side to side. He seemed a little shocked, but relaxed into the hug just as quickly- drooping one arm over her shoulder. The two stood for around 5 minutes like this, before an eruption of giggles made Ash looks down.
“What..?” He asked the red head.
“You…You just have no idea how long I wanted you to hear that-“
“Hear what…?” He asked, blinking.
“’Gary was right.’” She chuckled, resting her head on his shoulder gently. His eyes widened.
“Oh- I just- I- He told me some things- I-“
“I know. I told him to tell you.”
Ash blinked
“Wh-what?”
“If he didn’t, would we be here now?” She smiled knowingly.
“Ugh…You know, I’m real glad you’re my best friend too….But…Next time can we use a different method of getting to this point…other than making me admit Gary was right? Seriously…you have no idea how painful that was.”
“Oh, if I didn’t know how painful it was then why on earth would I have wanted you to say it?” She smiled. The two of them looked at each other, before laughing, and looking back up to the summer sky.

A/N: Okkaaayyy! <3 This was for a contest XD <3 So yeah…Ashs like…he sort of grows up in a day, but I wanted it to show that something like this important can really make people realise what’s important of whatever. I have another part to it, but the deadline the the contest is soon XD So if you want to find out what happened to the gym, and whats this about Lillies boyfriend, and whats Misty really hiding? And how does Ash react to it? And Will they ever admit? DUNDUNDUNN.
Uhh…this was writing very quickly, so…yeah.. XD Sorry for any screw ups. I noticed that ash does change a bit through out it, but at the starts he’s just happy go lucky…I hope you notice that as soon as he finds out, his attitude changes…anyway….for a contest! C: I hope it was an OK AAML read…I thought I would leave it as them being best friends, and being all laughing with each other- but with a opening to real relationship there too C: It was so very fun to write, once I started it was hard to stop ! But I only had a short time, plus I spent a lot of time recently reading manga/ waching animes ect so I sort of used up the precious time I did have! Eeeep! Holla if you want moar ! =D Momokos Adventures is the next to write though! >W<
Misty
Misty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TBoneTony Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:36 pm

Just finished reading part one.

Seems like this story is just getting interested.

Although I can't really point my finger on the silence between Ash's mom and Misty.

Did something happen when Misty was staying at Ash's house when Ash was away?

Hope it is a good one.

also I do happen to have a few AAML stories that I had written a few years ago but they are sort of H-Anime ish.

Can you give me a note and let me know about your rules of content and what I can have and what I can't have before I send some of my own stories here?

TBoneTony

Back to top Go down

Post  TBoneTony Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:12 pm

ok,

I just finished the story.

Seems like a good start for something bigger that you can use later on.

I have had a few stories that started out as something and has the ability to change into a bigger story.

I also liked it how Ash said that Gary was right.

It was funny how Misty reacted.

It has been a long time since I read a good AAML story since I have been busy in my life and writing my own stories too.

let me know how far I can take the AAML romance,

Also I know from looking at this forum that you may not want Ash and Misty to go no further than a deep pashionate kiss but if you want me to go further but not anything H-Animeish then give me a note to permit me to go anywhere your forum allows me to and I will eddit one of my past AAML stories to fit this forum's needs.

TBoneTony

TBoneTony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down