Pokeshipping Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Ash ever win a Pokemon League Tornument?

4 posters

Go down

Does Ash ever win a Pokemon League Tornument? Empty Does Ash ever win a Pokemon League Tornument?

Post  TBoneTony Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:15 am

I think I may as well ask this question.

Why is it that in all the major Pokemon series (Kanto, Johto, Hoen, Battle Fronteer and perhaps Shinno) that when Ash competes in a Pokemon Tornument, he gets past the earlier games but then gets beeten in the Semi Finals or Quarter Finals?

I know that the creators of the Anime want Ash to try and try and get beeten in each tornument but there has to be at least one major Pokemon season when Ash finally wins... Also I think it is in the creators mind to tell a story that it does not matter if you win or lose, as long as you did your best.
It is good but there always has to be a season where Ash does win the big one, or else how will that put everything he learned into a real meaningful way?

Luckily the Orange Islands were not only a series that spanned just a season of the Pokemon Anime, but they also had Ash win the major Pokemon turnument in the Orange Islands.

Plus it was a 6 on 6 Pokemon battle!!!!

Oh how I would love for Ash to compete in another 6 on 6 Battle like that, but yeah the battle against Ash and Drake with his powerful Dragonite is perhaps my fav Pokemon Battle in the entire Pokemon Anime.

But yeah, that is all that I wanted to say and see if anyone feels about that in a similar or in a different way.

TBoneTony

Back to top Go down

Does Ash ever win a Pokemon League Tornument? Empty Re: Does Ash ever win a Pokemon League Tornument?

Post  lord Martiya Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:33 pm

Well, my fav is the battle in Can't Beat the Heat, it was THE final battle for both, but I admit that the battle against Drake was wonderful. Sadly, there isn't a season where Ash won a big one, for now, but I think they have to do it, now.

lord Martiya

http://lordmartiya.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Does Ash ever win a Pokemon League Tornument? Empty Re: Does Ash ever win a Pokemon League Tornument?

Post  Oldpokeshipper Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:09 am

I feel the same way- pointless in making Ash lose all the big tournaments, but look at it from an another way. If Ash won the Indigo League, just as he wins it in the game, then there would be no point in continuing the anime. They have to make him lose to continue this ( boring by now ) anime.
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  lord Martiya Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:24 pm

Well, they could continue with a new main character: now Ash is not indispensable as in the beginning.

lord Martiya

http://lordmartiya.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:08 pm

Correct, but people got used to him so much that introducing a new character would kill off the anime. XD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:31 pm

most of it has been killed off (not opinionated at all there...)

he does win in the Orange Islands, and defeats the (no)Brains of the Battle Frontier, but yh, nothing major

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:02 am

Uhm, Well I guess it's been killed off pretty much, yes we can agree on that. Although young, fresh fans are still eager to follow Ash and Dawn in their journey around in Sinnoh. Most of them are pretty dumb when it comes to pokemon history, they don't know how it used to be decades ago :/

ahhh, I love the battle when he won with drake. Epic, just Epic bounce
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  TBoneTony Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Oldpokeshipper wrote:Uhm, Well I guess it's been killed off pretty much, yes we can agree on that. Although young, fresh fans are still eager to follow Ash and Dawn in their journey around in Sinnoh. Most of them are pretty dumb when it comes to pokemon history, they don't know how it used to be decades ago :/

ahhh, I love the battle when he won with drake. Epic, just Epic bounce

Yep, I agree with most here.

Although if Ash won the main tornument, that would leave the Anime series at an end, but I would like to have the anime continue on fresh with a new main character instead of using the main characters all the time.

Like remember Yu-Gi-Oh and Tu-Gi-Oh GX?

That Anime still continued even after the finish of the older characters.
Although they could have came back as a cameo or a passing legend.

The Anime gets boring using Ash and Pikachu all the time.

Also Pokemon has been a decade old now so it is not really decades ago since it started last decade. 10 years ago I think.

TBoneTony

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:09 am

The official beginning of Pokemon was in early 1996. So Pokemon is more like almost 13 years old now. So you could say it was decades ago... nwm. So yes, I spose they should change the current cast me thinks :S It's better if they make it more interesting
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down