Pokeshipping Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question and answer

+2
AaMLdudez
lord Martiya
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Question and answer - Page 3 Empty C'mon...

Post  yadontknowme03 Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Somebody ask a question!
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Question and answer - Page 3 Empty Re: Question and answer

Post  Oldpokeshipper Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:13 pm

I will ask a question then- to break the "silence" lol.

Ok, here it goes, it's a question I asked 100's of times on diffrent forums and so on, but it is always bringing some interesting opinions and I quite like it.

If Orangeshipping really happened ( Misty + Tracey ), with the series still running and Ash still being a single, would you continue to support Pokeshipping?
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Question and answer - Page 3 Empty Good question.

Post  yadontknowme03 Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:59 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:If Orangeshipping really happened ( Misty + Tracey ), with the series still running and Ash still being a single, would you continue to support Pokeshipping?

The way I see it, a "shipper" can be defined as a fan who believes that two characters either (1) do share romantic feelings in their relationship, (2) will, at some point in the future, share romantic feelings in their relationship, or (3) ought to ["should"] share romantic feelings in a relationship. For the record, I know Pokeshippers who are one of the three or a mixture of the three.

Also, we all know that some people are completely irrational shippers, supporting characters who range from never even having met on the show to being of a completely different species and thus are romantically incompatible. My point is that, to some fans, Orangeshipping becoming canon would not change them because no amount of canon evidence will make them stop hoping, wishing, or plainly living in delusion that Ash and Misty become a couple.

Let me reconstruct your question and you'll see what I mean. If Orangeshipping became canon...
Would I continue to hope for Pokeshipping? -- Absolutely.
Would I continue to believe in it as likely to happen? -- Probably not.
Would I continue to maintain the belief that Ash and Misty belong together and that the story would be better for it? -- Absolutely.
Would I place money on Pokeshipping becoming canon? -- Probably not.
Would I hope that at the end of the show, Ash and Misty still end up together? -- Of course!
Would I think that likely? -- No.

If Orangeshipping became canon, I would probably lose any hope that Pokeshipping would become canon, too. This would make me very sad and I would probably like Pokemon a lot less for it. Now, THAT SAID, I would not embrace the decision of the producers, and I probably wouldn't learn to like it. I would still be a dissapointed fan who would want it to be the other way, and in that respect I would still identify myself as a "Pokeshipper."

Of course I am personally biased, but regardless of my own wishes I still think Pokeshipping has more evidence than Orangeshipping. As for Orangeshipping, I'll save my opinions on it for another question.
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:25 am

Erm, "Orangeshipping really happening" has the exact meaning as "Orangeshipping becoming canon". Canon means that something becomes a fact, in the anime for example. Now, how can Orangeshipping happen without becoming a fact? You confused yourself a little there...
Also, if Misty and Tracey married each other then all the hopes for Pokeshipping can go AWOL because- well, they'd be married, and that evidence erases all hopes for... anything. Moreover, imagine them having a child, woah, that'd be the end. I mean you can still hope they get divorced and... Misty gets married with Ash? looool please my stomach's gonna explode...

Ok, your point there is very good. I like the way you put your opinions across, also, most of the things you said I'd agree with- besides of 1 thing. Even if Orangeshipping became a reallity/canon, I'd still watch the anime I guess. Just to see Meowth's gay impressions of Giovanni- for exapmple.

Link: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OFFUdR8Ow_0

I mean, you don't see that everyday, it looks as if the Pokemon were humping him. lol We weren't being honoured with such scenes back in the Earlier seasons xDDD

Besides- "I wanna Battle!" xDDDDDDD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:35 am

I got one in The Heartbreak of Brock when Misty says that Ash&her will be married someday too one has to be wondering if Misty meant them or someone else?
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:41 am

That sentence uttered from Misty back then caused as much happines as confusion and anger... nobody really knows what she meant... errrr
one can only ponder about the true meaning of that sentence xDDDD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:43 am

But seeing Ash's response to it made it seem like Misty was hinting that she wanted to with him in the future
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:46 am

Hmmmm... but then again Ash freacks out at the sight of just anything, and he doesn't handle situations like that very well
But you might be right, yes, maybe she meant him Very Happy
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:53 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:Erm, "Orangeshipping really happening" has the exact meaning as "Orangeshipping becoming canon". Canon means that something becomes a fact, in the anime for example. Now, how can Orangeshipping happen without becoming a fact? You confused yourself a little there...
Also, if Misty and Tracey married each other then all the hopes for Pokeshipping can go AWOL because- well, they'd be married, and that evidence erases all hopes for... anything. Moreover, imagine them having a child, woah, that'd be the end. I mean you can still hope they get divorced and... Misty gets married with Ash? looool please my stomach's gonna explode...

Ok, your point there is very good. I like the way you put your opinions across, also, most of the things you said I'd agree with- besides of 1 thing. Even if Orangeshipping became a reallity/canon, I'd still watch the anime I guess. Just to see Meowth's gay impressions of Giovanni- for exapmple.

I didn't confuse myself at all. I know what canon means and I was writing my response to answer the question "what if it did become canon / really happen?". Where did I insinuate that those were two different scenarios. Orangeshipping could not become canon without becoming a fact.

Please point out where I confused you. The reason I restructured your question is because I knew that to some people, canon doesn't matter in whether or not you support a shipping, because there is always that 3rd class of shippers who, even without evidence, operate on the basis on thinking that 2 characters "should" get together.

Last edited by yadontknowme03 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:56 am

The bit where you said that you'll "reconstruct the question" so that I can see what you mean...
I though there was no need to reconstruct my question since it was perfectly composed, Mr. Speaker lol I feel like if I'm in the house of comons xD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Question and answer - Page 3 Empty Heartbreak of Brock hints

Post  yadontknowme03 Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:00 am

A Longtime Fan of AAML wrote: (The marriage hint in THOB)

Ha ha! I love that part, too. Unfortunately, it's only dub-added.

On the other hand, one of the largest non-dub-added hints, and one of the largest hints, period (in my opinion), comes later in that same episode:

Misty: "Take it from me, it's a lot easier to like somebody who likes you back than to like somebody who doesn't!"
Brock: "How do you know that?"
(Misty gets flustered and embarrassed. She turns red and stammers...)
Misty: "Well, er... That's what I've heard!"

What did y'all think about that part?
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:10 pm

I think it was as random as hell. I mean, she could be talking about anybody- but who knows. I always though she meant Ash Very Happy
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:30 pm

Oldpokeshipper wrote:I think it was as random as hell. I mean, she could be talking about anybody- but who knows. I always thought she meant Ash Very Happy

"Who knows?" ... Really?

I don't think that Misty really could have been talking about anybody. Unless in Misty's very short life so far she's had some deep, past, unrequited romance in her creepily-early childhood that the writers are very randomly and unnecessarily trying to reference as part of a backstory nobody actually knows about, there are really only a couple of people that Misty could even possibly be talking about.

Certainly not just "anybody." Let's see who's a candidate. Remember, it has to be somebody who she would like, but doesn't like her back (that knocks out Rudy, for example):

I doubt that it's Brock--in this very scene, she is actively trying to encourage him on to ask out Temaku because Temaku, for once, actually likes Brock. She reminds him that if he fails at this, he "fail[s] at all love, forever!" because he's a klutz with girls.

I doubt it's Tracey--Tracey had been out of the series for 2 seasons at that point, and they shared relatively few hints before that, though maybe a few much later in some episodes or chronicles.

And it sure as hell isn't James, Giovanni, Oak, or any of the other minor characters. That leaves, wait, hold on... Isn't there a significant character in the show, yes, a very important character whom she could have been referencing who is frequently oblivious to the nature of love? I'm wringing my brain here for a possible candidate...

Hold on now! In the Original Series, didn't the show set the record for shipping hints between two certain lead characters in a blatantly one-sided ship that nearly rammed down dozens of obvious clues and led to a certain movie showcasing more of the same after the Orange Island season? It sounds vaguely familiar... right? RIGHT?

It's not random as hell. It's not even random.
And as for "she could be talking about anybody but who knows?" --- Remember the danger about being too open-minded, sometimes you're brains will fall out.
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:45 am

Ok I have one if you could rewrite any of the AAML eps or AAML scenes in Movies what would you change?
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:14 am

yadontknowme03, I said random because when she said it, she was talking about the future, not the past. Hence, she could be mentioning somebody who might appear in her life later on. When she said " You and I are gonna be married someday too", that might mean that she'll be married to somebody else in the future. It's not like she has to choose from the people she met so far- she might meet a person in the future with whom she'll pursue an intimate relationship. It's all very indirect, and such sentences can be argued over for decades. I guess it's rather "make of it what you want" case. So, if you say she was mentioning him, then you might be right, but then again, I think she was just trying to say that they'll be married to somebody- not necessairly each other.

A Longtime Fan of AAML wrote:Ok I have one if you could rewrite any of the AAML eps or AAML scenes in Movies what would you change?

Now thaaaat's a a whole lotta diffrent story... what I would change, hmmm...
In the second movie, I'd make Ash die. He'd be lying there- dead, no pulse, no breathing, nothing. And that's when Misty comes in, crying near his body. She would admit her love to him, and kiss his forehead, bringing him back to life!! Ash of course wouldn't notice a thing and he'd act as the moron he is BUT, that scene would be a perfect treat for all Pokeshippers out there. xD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  AaMLdudez Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:20 am

...BUT it's death - not allowed in Pokemon. no, i'd change it so it'd be more like...ok so basically once she's revived him he is incredibly annoying, jumping up and immediately "OMGz the 3rd treasure n shiz" as it stands, but, i'd change that. he jumps up "you WHAT?!?!" and then work on it from there - not got time to elaborate further, perhaps i will tomorrow.

AaMLdudez

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:39 am

...and then Misty says "What you mean you what!?- I just saved your life!" Ash would be like " What you mean what you mean what you just..."
AND EVERYBODY SWEATDROPS!!
"oh, thanks Misty" Or something along those lines... to which Misty kindly replies: "You owe me for that!"
"I told you I'll repay you for that BIKEE!!!"
"Ash, it's not about the stupid bikeeee!!"
"Then what?" Ash looks numbed; like the biggest, densest cretin alive.
"Close your eyes"
"ok"
Both die 5 minutes later from suffocation.
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:49 am

I'd change Season 10's ep Buizel your way out of this so that the minute the lure comes out Misty arrives on Charizards Back to rejoin Ash cause she missed travelling with him
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:05 am

A Longtime Fan of AAML wrote:I'd change Season 10's ep Buizel your way out of this so that the minute the lure comes out Misty arrives on Charizards Back to rejoin Ash cause she missed travelling with him

How much more improbable than that can it get xD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:32 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:yadontknowme03, I said random because when she said it, she was talking about the future, not the past. Hence, she could be mentioning somebody who might appear in her life later on. When she said " You and I are gonna be married someday too", that might mean that she'll be married to somebody else in the future. It's not like she has to choose from the people she met so far- she might meet a person in the future with whom she'll pursue an intimate relationship. It's all very indirect, and such sentences can be argued over for decades. I guess it's rather "make of it what you want" case. So, if you say she was mentioning him, then you might be right, but then again, I think she was just trying to say that they'll be married to somebody- not necessairly each other.

OHHHHH! Apologies. I was talking about the "Take it from me, It's a lot easier to like somebody who likes you back than to like someone who doesn't" hint. I thought you were talking about the same one, not the marriage hint.
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:16 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:...and then Misty says "What you mean you what!?- I just saved your life!" Ash would be like " What you mean what you mean what you just..."
"oh, thanks Misty" Or something along those lines... to which Misty kindly replies: "You owe me for that!"
"I told you I'll repay you for that BIKEE!!!"
"Ash, it's not about the stupid bikeeee!!"
"Then what?" Ash looks numbed; like the biggest, densest cretin alive.
"Close your eyes"
"ok"
Both die 5 minutes later from suffocation.

and this http://mirakurunaito.deviantart.com/art/I-Really-Like-You-92793091 easily proves it
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:39 am

A Longtime Fan of AAML wrote:and this http://mirakurunaito.deviantart.com/art/I-Really-Like-You-92793091 easily proves it

Nice comic! What I would give to see it in the same style as the anime!
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:41 am

A Longtime Fan of AAML wrote:Ok I have one if you could rewrite any of the AAML eps or AAML scenes in Movies what would you change?

Honestly, my answer's not very interesting, but how about this...

I would make all the dub-added hints authentic.

Too lame?
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  lord Martiya Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:57 am

No.
My idea: in the Mastermind of Mirage special I'll make Ash and Misty kiss to celebrate the victory, and then embarass them when they realize what they just did.

lord Martiya

http://lordmartiya.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:22 pm

lol and I'd make them marry each other in the first episode xD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content