Pokeshipping Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duo Heart Episode 3 part2

Go down

Duo Heart Episode 3 part2 Empty Duo Heart Episode 3 part2

Post  Jawmax Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:05 am

Prof. Oak led them to a large hanger where three Duoriods were kept. “Wow.” Misty said.

“Yes they are my master works, each one the result of years of research.” Oak said. They began walking on a catwalk at the chest level of the Duoriods. Ash, Pikachu, and Misty marveled at these machines. First they were in front of a red and purple Duoriod with purple eyes and red wings. “This is the DX03 also known as the Ascent built for aerial combat.” Then they were before a forest green and yellow Duoriod with a canon on its right shoulder. It had yellow eyes. “The DX02 codename the Defiant, with heavy firepower and the strongest armor of our three machines.” Then they were standing in front of the Duoriod that Misty and Ash piloted the night before. “And I’m sure you are familiar with the DX01 better known as the Pierce. It is the most well balanced of all the machines.”

“So you want us to pilot the Pierce just like we did last night?” Ash asked.

“After the way you two wrecked it? Not if I can help it! I had to work on it for four hours to get it up and running again!” It was a man in his late fifties in a denim suit and he had a rough white beard. He was shaking a wrench at them.

“Ash, Misty I would like you to meet Louie our chief mechanic.” Ms. Match said.

“Louie they know better now, we have to see firsthand what they can really do.” Oak said.

“We learned our lesson about working together in the Duoriod.” Ash said.

“Yes we promise that we won’t fight in it again.” Misty said.

“Ok, but you better bring it back from this test drive in one piece!” Louie said.

“We will!” Ash and Misty said.

“Alright you two climb in.” Oak said. “Pikachu you can watch them us.”

“Chu.” Pikachu replied.

“I’ll take the front seat this time.” Ash said.

“Afraid not Ash. Each chair is sex specific and front one only works for females the rear chair is keyed for males.” Oak explained.
The newlywed couple got in and sat down. “Professor I was wondering about these controls. What are they made of?” Misty asked.

“It a substance that we recreated from alien ship, it helps transmit certain nerve pulses.” Oak said.

“Okay just sit tight right now. We’ll have the lift take you to the practice field to give you guys a little elbow room. We’ll be right out there with you.” Major Surge said. The hatch closed and the cockpit lit up. Then Misty and Ash felt some slight shaking then they saw that they were going sideways then straight up out to an open area above ground. They could see the skyline of Saffron City.

On the screen a window opened with Prof. Oak’s face. “Alright, let’s begin by simply moving forward. Remember the Duoriod acts on you combined will and emotions, you both must act as one and desire the same results.”

“Sir, Remember that the U.R. won’t go along with you making them pilots if they can’t demonstrate a satisfactory amount of ability and or they have higher than the minimum Duo Resistance.” Major Surge said.

“Talking to the top brass without me again Major? Well I’m sure that they have a less than 60% resistance.”

“Actually just before Cerulean City was attacked last night they changed the minimum to 50%”

“Okay Pierce, proceed with practice run.” Ms. Match ordered. Pikachu crossed his fingers hoping that his friends wouldn’t get hurt.

“Okay…” Misty said.

“Here we go…”Ash said.

“Forward!” they commanded. The Pierce hovered slightly and shot forward.

“Duo Resistance holding steady at 40%!” Ms. Match said looking at readings on an electronic pad.

“Great, except their going to crash into the base!” Major Surge said. People on the inside were running to get out of the way.

“Jump!” Ash and Misty said and the Duoriod cleared the building and landed on the other side stopping instantly.

“That was very good but you left the practice field. You better come back.” Prof. Oak said.

Ash and Misty preformed the exact same maneuver to get back. “But it takes most pilot weeks to perform those kinds of maneuvers!” Major Surge said.

“Well I trust the U.R. will be satisfied with my selections.”

“Just a minute Colonel! They still have to show us that they us that they can arm the weapons and perform a weapons change! Those are the rules!”

“Of course.” Oak said and then looked at his pad. “Ash and Misty, Duoriods are equipped with two weapons and each one can only be used by one pilot. First let’s try the Pierce’s sword first, Misty you must place all you faith and trust in Ash that he will protect you and help you reach your goals.”

“Yes, Professor.” Misty said. “I believe in you Ash.”

“Now Ash, you have to think about your weapon and how to use it.”

“Okay, I think I understand.” Ash said. The Pierce pulled the sword off its back and held it in both hands.

“Very good, now let’s change weapons. To do this, simply perform the same process but the other way around.”

“But Professor what weapon do I have?” Misty asked.

“The female pilot of the Pierce uses dual laser pistols.” Oak said.

“Just don’t fire them! We can’t afford to damage the base!” Major Surge said.

“Don’t worry Misty; I know you can do it!” Ash said. The Pierce put the sword back and pulled out two giant blue pistols. Then everything thaws white on the Duoriod became blue everything that was blue became white.

“Uh Professor, why did it change color?” Misty asked.

“That is a natural effect of the special alloy that we make Duoriods from. It always comes in two colors and the primary color changes in response to aggressive thoughts from a female. After all just holding a weapon makes you think about how to use it. Okay, now disarm and make your way back to the elevator and we meet you back at the hanger.” Oak said.

“Roger.” Ash and Misty said.

“Well Major I would say the as candidates there are over qualified.” Ms. Match said.

“I got to admit, they’re good. As good as our other pilots, with the exception of Brock and Lucy Slate, those two operate with a 20% Duo Resistance.” Major Surge said.

“Still I’m a little disappointed that we didn’t see them with that 0% Duo Resistance.”

“Well as a scientist I didn’t expect them to reach that this time. The conditions were not the same as the first incidence.” Oak said.

“So you are saying that the only way to see if they can do it again is to put them in a combat situation.” Major Surge said.

“And if they refuse to join us then we may never know. We can’t force them to fight a war that rightfully they should have no part in. If we did then we would be no worse than the ones we’re fighting.” After hearing that Pikachu gave a sigh of relief. He was glad that these people weren’t going to force Ash and Misty to do something that they didn’t want to do but he was still wondering what were they going to do and how were they all going to get home.

At the same time Misty and Ash were talking inside the Pierce. “Misty, I want you to know that no matter what I want to do, I’m going to back you decision 100%” Ash said.

“Ash, if you want to fight, please you do not let my feelings get in your way.”

“But you know that this is both of us or neither of us and I don’t want to make you do something that you really don’t want to do.”

“Ash, tell me why do you want to fight?”

“Well, one thing is that we can help finish this war quickly then the sooner the people here can start to help us look for Palkia and the other Pokémon and the sooner we can go home. But the main reason I guess is that being in this thing and really working with it just makes me feel that we are here for a reason and I can see that these are basically good people who really need our help”.

Misty turned her head to face Ash. “Ash, I feel the same way. “

“Misty…”

“I don’t care whether or not that we only can be a short distance apart, I am you friend and your wife and will not let you do this alone. I knew that you would want to help them because that is the kind of man you are and always were. The kind of man I fell in love with.”
They reached the elevator. “Still there is someone that we need to talk to about all of this; it affects him as much as us.”

“I wouldn’t worry; Pikachu always knows that you have his best interests at heart.” With that the lift began its decent. When they got back to the hanger they had something to ask Prof. Oak something.

“Professor, could we talk with Pikachu alone for a moment?” Ash asked said.

“Of course, we’ll just take you to a meeting room after your done we will need your decision. I sorry to rush you about this but we do not have a lot of time.” Oak said.

Inside the meeting room Ash and Misty told Pikachu how they felt and what they wanted to do. Pikachu understood and showed signs of agreement. Ash then poked his head out of the door. “We’re ready to talk.” Ash said. Soon Prof Oak, Major Surge, and Ms. Match were seated across from the young Pokémon trainers.

“So have you made a decision?” Oak asked.

“Yes we have.” Misty said. “We have both agreed to join you in your fight against the Metal Corps on the condition that once this war is over every resource necessary will be used to find us a way back home.” Ash stated.

“I expected that you might be willing to join on terms like those. Very well, agreed.” Oak said.

“Okay but to make things official and legal you both have to sign this. It’s a standard contract for Duoriod pilots. As member of the Terra Liberation Brigade you will be granted certain benefits including a paycheck and a place to live and as Duoriod pilots you will both be granted the rank of lieutenant.” Major Surge said.

“Always ready with the paper work Major.” Oak said.

“There is just one additional clause, a nondisclosure agreement. The U.R. doesn’t want to risk a potently valuable team of pilots falling into the hands of the enemy so by signing this you both will agree not tell anyone that you are from another world except certain preapproved personal. If you breach this agreement it would mean you both would be imprisoned for no less than twenty years. Do you understand?”

“Yes.” They both said. Then they began to sign the contract.

“This is the first thing I would sign as Misty Ketchum.” Misty thought.

“There.” Ash said.

“Good. Now how about we start by letting the Colonel and Major take care of this paper work, while I introduce you to the rest of the squadron.” Ms. Match said. She took them to another part of the base and they came to a locker room. “Hello everyone, I have with me a new pilot team that will be filling in for the Slate’s. These are the Ketchum’s Ash and Misty.”

Ash and Misty saw some more familiar faces. “Greetings, I’m Drew Rose and this is my wife May. We pilot the Defiant.” Drew had his hands on May’s shoulders.

“Don’t worry we’ll lookout for you.” May said.

“Hi, I’m Dawn and this is my husband Paul. We’re the Edge’s, the pilots of the Ascent.” Dawn pointed to Paul who was still sitting on a bench. They were all wearing the same kinds of uniforms as Ash and Misty.

“These rookies better not slow us down. We have a job to do.” Paul said.

“Paul, don’t be rude to our new teammates! Sorry about that he may seem like a tough guy but he really is like those colored candies, hard on the outside but sweet on the inside.”

“Dawn, do you have to make us look foolish?”

“Now you two use your tools. This arguing is diminishing the fire of your love!”Ms. Match said.

Paul sighed and then spoke. “Dawn I’m sorry. I should have respected that you were trying to make them feel welcome.”

“I accept you apology and I understand why you may have doubts about their capabilities.” Dawn said.

“But there really is no need to doubt them they are the ones that piloted the Pierce last night.

“The ones from the rumors? Then I certainly would like to see what they can do.” Drew said.

“Is it really true that they took down a lever alone the very first time they got into a Duoriod?” May asked. Ash and Misty both gave a little blush.

“Yes it is these two have a Duo Resistance at the level of Paul and Dawn.” Ms. Match said.

“I’ll believe that when I see it.” Paul said. Then an alarm sounded.

“Attention, Attention. Metal Corps troops are approaching Celadon City! All pilots to your machines! Repeat all pilots to your machines!” a voice over the P.A. system said.

“Well what are you all waiting for? Get in your flight suits now!”

“Right!” the seasoned pilots said.

“Where are the flight suits?” Misty asked.

“Oh that’s right since we just sign you up we don’t have any for you. Just get to the hanger through there!” Ms. Match pointed to a door on the other side of the room. The pair ran as the others opened their lockers and pulled out jump suits like Brock and Lucy wore. Drew’s was forest green, May’s was yellow, Paul’ was red, and Dawn’s was purple.

Ash and Misty dashed toward the Pierce. “What are you two doing back are so soon?” Louie asked.

“Isn’t obvious Louie? They need to deploy now!” May said running in with her jumpsuit on and wearing a helmet that was mostly a clear covering with a solid yellow cover on the back and top of the head much like the ones they saw the previous night.

“Well what are you two waiting for? Get in!” Drew said.

Jawmax

Back to top Go down