Pokeshipping Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokeshipping Hints!

+6
Jawmax
MiyaToriaka
lord Martiya
Katsu Koneko
Josh
Misty
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pokeshipping Hints! - Page 3 Empty Question!

Post  yadontknowme03 Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:35 am

Ok I have a question.

Are there any Pokeshipping hints in Diamond/Pearl, not including the Lure or Chronicles?

I haven't watched them all and I'd love it if someone could save me the trouble so I can finish up my Master Hints List.
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Pokeshipping Hints! - Page 3 Empty Re: Pokeshipping Hints!

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:37 am

There might be some in Season 12 but that depends on whether Misty makes her return in one of the eps
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:02 am

yadontknowme03 wrote:Ok I have a question.

Are there any Pokeshipping hints in Diamond/Pearl, not including the Lure or Chronicles?

I haven't watched them all and I'd love it if someone could save me the trouble so I can finish up my Master Hints List.

Unfortunately, so far, there have been no Hints in D&P or Battle Dimension at all, besides of that one accident with Misty's Lure. We still don't know if Misty makes her return or not, if she doesn't- then we'll have 2 full seasons without practicaly none hints whatsoever, a new record. It remains to be seen whether this is because the makers forgot about Misty or are just ignoring her.
But D&P has been pretty much Pearlshipping and Bouldershipping all the way, a bit disturbing I guess but we'll just wait n' see. Hope for the best.
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:05 am

Well Misty has appeared in Season 12's Jap opening so you can be sure that there will be some soon but who knows when that will be
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:22 am

Exacly, I guess time will show but I wouldn't relay on openings too much, they can be misguiding sometimes. Let's wait n see.
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:55 am

Well since Misty is in the opening not sure of this but with the exception of Seasons 6/7/9/10/11 Misty has always appeared in an opening though Seasons 1-5 don't count cause she was still in the anime as a main character
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:00 am

Yup that's correct, so I guess we might just see her returning, though it might well be in an another season.
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:03 am

Do you guys know where I can watch the Season 12 intro (the one with Misty in it)?
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:17 am

Pokeshipping Hints! - Page 3 R1naky

Only mention of her is in the ^ above pic
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  lord Martiya Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:05 am

In the infamous opening Spurt!, the final AG Japanese opening, were present Ash's Butterfree, Primeape, Pidgeot, Lapras and Larvitar, but they didn't reappeared. You should be wary of the openings...

lord Martiya

http://lordmartiya.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:45 pm

lord Martiya wrote:In the infamous opening Spurt!, the final AG Japanese opening, were present Ash's Butterfree, Primeape, Pidgeot, Lapras and Larvitar, but they didn't reappeared. You should be wary of the openings...

That's what I always say to people, openings don't really mean that much- they're just openings. How many times we've seen characters in certain openings and they didn't appear in the anime later on, even though one might have been seduced to thinking that they would.

Openings are deceiving.
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Pokeshipping Hints! - Page 3 Empty Possible hint? Can't remember.

Post  yadontknowme03 Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:31 pm

Hey question!

I don't know if this is a hint, but in what episode was that really cute scene where Ash and Misty are side by side, lying down in sleeping bags, talking to each other. I'm not talking about the one in the 3rd episode where they camp out after catching Caterpie and they're arguing by the tree stump.

Anyone know?
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:54 pm

ermmm... it might have been episode 157 "Forest Grumps". Or some other episode in Johto League... can't really remember now :/
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 pm

Oldpokeshipper wrote:ermmm... it might have been episode 157 "Forest Grumps". Or some other episode in Johto League... can't really remember now :/

Well... I know it's not Forest Grumps. Thanks anyway.
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:19 am

@yadontknowme03 you are talking about the Season 4 ep Sick Daze Razz
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:35 am

But don't Ash and Misty take care of Brock in Sick Daze? when would they have had the time to get into sleeping bags to... or not. Acutally you caught me off guard lol I'll have to do some research on that one, seems like I forgot. But from I remember it's Brock feeling ill in Sick Daze... oh and that Bouldershippy scene too when Ash grabs him just in time before he falls off the bed- priceless. xD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:35 am

Oldpokeshipper wrote:But don't Ash and Misty take care of Brock in Sick Daze? when would they have had the time to get into sleeping bags to... or not. Acutally you caught me off guard lol I'll have to do some research on that one, seems like I forgot. But from I remember it's Brock feeling ill in Sick Daze... oh and that Bouldershippy scene too when Ash grabs him just in time before he falls off the bed- priceless. xD

Yeah. I watched the scene. It's there. Ash and Misty sleep out on the porch of the camp house so that Brock can get some undisturbed rest as he has a fever. They're side by side in sleeping bags. Thanks again.
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:05 am

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/johto/193ps6.shtml you can see the scene here further on down the page
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:08 pm

Yeah, I just watched the episode yesterday, that's right. but lol I completely forgot about that scene, how bad is that... xD
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Pokeshipping Hints! - Page 3 Empty One of my favorites...

Post  yadontknowme03 Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:07 am

One of my favorite hints is in The Heartbreak of Brock when Misty is encouraging Brock to ask out Temaku...

Misty: "Take it from me--it's a lot easier to like somebody who likes you back than to like somebody who doesn't!"
Brock: "How do you know that?"
Misty turns red, stammers, and stutters...
Misty: "Well, er, that's what I've heard!"

I have had heard a lot of people say that they think this part is cute, but bittersweet.
Some people actually hate this hint, saying that it's not only sad, but maybe it also strips some of Misty's dignity.
Either way, I think it's one of the most underrated and under-analyzed lines in the show.

Anyway, it's consistent with the idea that Pokeshipping was intended as a one-sided ship from the beginning. I sometimes wonder if it's reasons like these that Misty was written out of the show--she deserved to follow her own destiny rather than pine over Ash when he was never going to pick up on her feelings.

What do y'all think?
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:13 am

Only answer for that is Poke USA+Pokeshipping=End of AAML! Sad
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:41 am

That's one of the things I realised recently, some of the hints are really bitter. And that hint in perticular is just a proof of how sad the one-sideness of Pokeshipping is. Because Ash was a moron from the beginning, the writers just couldn't change his personality without making the show look ridicolous- no, they had to stick to the stuff they began with. And that's one of the reasons why Misty was- probably, written off the show. I mean, they could have kept her on the show, but that would just made the matters worse at the time, with Misty trying time after an another to make her obvious intentions even more obvious. Misty's hints and Pokeshipping as a whole has become a cliché.
The point is Ash doesn't deserve Misty. It's for her own good that she's kept away from him, free to do what she realy wants rather than waste her time on an emotionaly crippled guy who just wants to 'get his eight badge'.
So, yes, I agree with you. I mean Pokeshipping had its great moments and we we all enjoyed it but... it's time to look the truth into the eyes and realise that nothing will realy happen with those two; especialy now with Pokemon USA in charge, and Pokemon USA are anti-pokeshippers. I doubt they even know what AaML is. Instead they opt-out for that boring journey with Ash and all those filler episodes... just look at my sig and you'll know what I mean.

*sings*
There was once pokeshipping with 100'000 fans... but one fan left and then there were 99'999 fans...
There was once pokeshipping with 99'999 fans... but one fan left and then there were...
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  yadontknowme03 Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:36 pm

I'm glad you agree with me on the bitterness of the THOB "liking someone who likes you back" hint. Still, I really like it as a hint because it adds so much depth.

Oldpokeshipper wrote:That's one of the things I realised recently, some of the hints are really bitter. [...] Because Ash was a moron from the beginning, the writers just couldn't change his personality without making the show look ridicolous- no, they had to stick to the stuff they began with. And that's one of the reasons why Misty was- probably, written off the show. I mean, they could have kept her on the show, but that would just made the matters worse at the time, with Misty trying time after an another to make her obvious intentions even more obvious. Misty's hints and Pokeshipping as a whole has become a cliché.

The point is Ash doesn't deserve Misty. It's for her own good that she's kept away from him, free to do what she realy wants rather than waste her time on an emotionaly crippled guy who just wants to 'get his eight badge'.

I agree with a whole lot of that!

You're right, Misty saved face by being written off the show and they really elevated her to "mythic" status by cutting her from the cast. Instead of languishing for Ash and losing our respect, she became cool forever, frozen in time in the ways we remember, with a huge chapter of Pokeshipping evidence to look back fondly on as a once prominent force on the show. **

That era is over. And maybe you're right, Ash doesn't deserve Misty. But then again, since when has love, at least in the romantic/infatuation sense been about what people deserve? Rhetorical question... don't address it.

Anyway, that is a well-thought-out analysis of it, but could you expound on one thing, because I'm not sure I agree---

how has Pokeshipping become a cliche?

**--the main reason I think cutting Misty was actually a good and deliberate move on the part of the creators. It probably saved her popularity as a character and solidified her as a show-favorite! I also think it may have done Pokeshipping a service while it may have been getting kind of stale. And no matter what anybody says, I'll always believe GCYL to be an extremely Pokeshippy episode--a grand Pokeshipping send-off! Anyway... back to the cliche question...
yadontknowme03
yadontknowme03

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldpokeshipper Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:52 pm

Ok then, I'll try to explain why has pokeshipping become a cliché.

It's very simple, Pokeshipping was very powerful in the times when Ash and Misty were traveling together. And Pokeshipping hints have been unquestionably powerful and obvious also. So, we can pretty much agree that the power of pokeshipping was unchalenged in the early years of the show, plus, every other anti-pokeshipper out there was shacking at the sight of 'aaml'. Pokeshipping was a strong term, everybody knew what to expect from that. Add all that together and you have a recipe for an immortal belief- until now that is.
As the show progressed pokeshipping slowed down to a stalmate. Misty being the attacker and Ash being the defender. Misty trying endlesly to express herself; and Ash always getting out of the situation by huh-ing and err-ing. A boring, never ending routine.

Nowadays, Pokeshipping is only mentioned by pokeshippers themselfes; nobody pays any attention to us anymore. Since Pokeshipping began, almost 12 years ago, the power it once had is now nonexistent on a wider basis. Most of the young pokemon fans don't even know what we're talking about- let alone have any wider knowledge on aaml hints and so on. Misty's a rarity on the show these days, making an appearance once every 2 years or so.

And that's why- Pokeshipping, once powerful, so powerful that all aaml followers were certain that Ash and Misty would get together. Yet, it never happened. And now, Pokeshipping is just an empty word, and the entire belief is nothing more than just a corpse, a shell of its former self. And if the show continues the way it does now, Pokeshipping will be probably written on the 'Hall of Fame' for the most cliché beliefs of all time, if it hasn't been already.

The only good thing in all of this, is that Misty was taken off the show, before she'd lose her popularity and become some sort of wacko going after a guy who doesn't care about anything- she'd have plummeted down to Team Rocket's level. Ash will never grow up, the writers won't change his personality- and Misty is the past.

Pokeshipping is a ghost ship.
Oldpokeshipper
Oldpokeshipper

Back to top Go down

Post  A Longtime Fan of AAML Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:20 am

Pokeshipping is a ghost ship

Well it might be for now but when/if Misty returns it'll be opening old wounds
A Longtime Fan of AAML
A Longtime Fan of AAML

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next